Photo

Liam Bridcutt (Who?) Another Englishman!

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#31 PASTA Mick

PASTA Mick
  • 12,457 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:00 PM

Nothing direct from Levein about Australia game, just that there will be no new faces (impression he gives is that we have Phillips now, and its press linking Bridcutt).

Hopefully he does not turn the Australia game into another glorified B match like the Faroes one!

There is no way the Australia game will be a glorified 'B' match. That will be the game in November.

I would hope that we have a strong side out for the Australia match but accept that some players may be missing due to club commitments (and hopefully not Olympics).

PASTA (Preston and Surroundings Tartan Army)
www.yesscotland.net

#32 wembley67lisbon

wembley67lisbon
  • 10,151 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:53 PM

I've said it time and time again, Craig Bryson was named Derby fans and players player of the year this season, is actually Scottish and would LOVE to be called up.

Why we have to resort to calling up average English players, who would play for England at the drop of a hat, is beyond me.

Levein would rather pick an average englishman than a decent scotsman. No doubts about it.

Its gettin beyond a joke although i feel the media are milking this and now link us to anyone without any real source. They know it will get fans talking.

#33 northernscum

northernscum
  • 6,349 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:52 PM

Reports that Bridcutt is not in the squad for the USA game, but may be included for Australia match later in the summer.

Nothing direct from Levein about Australia game, just that there will be no new faces (impression he gives is that we have Phillips now, and its press linking Bridcutt).

Hopefully he does not turn the Australia game into another glorified B match like the Faroes one!

Unless i am misunderstanding your posts, the second one seems to contradict the first, in the first post you say that he may be picked for the Aussie game, but in the second post you say that it is the press who are linking Bridcutt (which is the way i see it)

Is there a link to the reports?

"There are no prisoners of war, only traitors"

Independence day 24/03/2016

#34 albathebrave

albathebrave
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:58 PM

i agree, this is just getting silly and boaring. Hope to see Stephen Fletcher ( who is also English by the way) back in the squad soon, he has proven himself to be a half decent player in one of the best league's in the world. What has this guy done ? All CL is doing is capping as many players of Scottish descendants he can incase they become the next BIG player, but at what cost to the players that are doing the buisness now, i.e. Ross Mcormack at Leeds- who have gone of the boil, but at one point he was banging them in for fun - but he sticks by Goodwillie. How may goals has he scored for Balckburn this season ? If CL gets off to a good start in the next campaign we will stop dissecting his choice of squad, but he is yet to deliver a decent set of results. THE JURY IS OUT. :angry:

Sorted it for you. :ok:

Yes

#35 wanderer

wanderer
  • 10,077 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:00 PM

Unless i am misunderstanding your posts, the second one seems to contradict the first, in the first post you say that he may be picked for the Aussie game, but in the second post you say that it is the press who are linking Bridcutt (which is the way i see it)

Is there a link to the reports?

I mean there is nothing direct on Bridcutt in the Australia game, just there will be no new faces in squad going to the states..
If you still use tippex
If you think Puma Clyde is the greatest trainer of ever
If Argentina 78 was your favourite world cup
If Watership Down makes you cry

come join Wanderer's Secret Society