• 8,063 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:01 PM

Wigan. 18/24 points.Excellent form.

#47 northernscum

northernscum
  • 6,715 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:03 PM

Just like us :ok:

:o Super Ally is not going to like that!

"There are no prisoners of war, only traitors"

Independence day 24/03/2016

#48 scotlad

scotlad
  • 4,600 posts

5 Live saying the atmosphere is very unpleasant.

Bottles, shoes and golf balls being launched at Steve Kean

He's from the east end, I'm sure he'll be grateful for them. :d

No manager should ever require anything like that.

Blackburn fans are however totally entitled to want rid of a man who is totally incompetent.

Totally. But singing for the manager's head in the middle of a must win game is counterproductive. This is the guy whose job it is to inspire the players to victory, so belittling him in front of them isn't going to help one iota.

And it has just backfired on them. If it wasn't for the fact that Blackburn have two Scottish internationals on their books I would actually be quite pleased.
It's only funny until someone gets hurt... then it's hilarious

#49 Rossy

Rossy
  • 12,550 posts

Wigan. 18/24 points.Excellent form.

I might have a sneaky wee tenner on them to get a top 10 place next season if they can keep the same team together.
Please don't argue back about this as I am 100% correct.

#50 scotlad

scotlad
  • 4,600 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:04 PM

Goodwillie's only got 30 seconds left to chib some khunt. He's going to have to be quick.

Goodie's gonnae get ye! :sing:
It's only funny until someone gets hurt... then it's hilarious

#51 fringo

fringo
  • 5,968 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:05 PM

They've had marches pre match for ages showing their feelings etc but the owners don't give a flip. If the owners had a clue then Blackburn would have stayed up comfortably. The fans have every right to be angry, it's their club and it's being destroyed by the owners and an incompetent manager.

Of course they do, but as fans they should also (and primarily) support their team during a vital game rathing than chanting negative crap about the manger or owners.

A lot of people here want Levein out but can you imagine Hampden chanting for "Levein Out" at 0-0 in a final group qualifier when we still had a chance to qualify if we nicked a winner ?
"They laughed when I said I wanted to be a comedian. Well, they're not laughing now."

#52 Donaldo87

Donaldo87
  • 3,465 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:07 PM

I dunno if i misheard it on 5live but im sure someone mentioned that venky's didnt think they could get relegated :blink:

#53 Big Col

Big Col
  • 2,372 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:07 PM

Throwing your season ticket away at the last game of the season, that'll show them. :lol:

And he threw it at the wrong dugout!

#54 northernscum

northernscum
  • 6,715 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:08 PM

Delighted for Wigan & Dave Whelan, he seems to be a proper football man rather than the anonymous money men who seem to be taking the game over in the EPL.

"There are no prisoners of war, only traitors"

Independence day 24/03/2016

#55 Donaldo87

Donaldo87
  • 3,465 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:08 PM

Delighted for Wigan & Dave Whelan, he seems to be a proper football man rather than the anonymous money men who seem to be taking the game over in the EPL.

Yeah he could of overreacted a few times and sacked Martinez but he has stuck by him and they are reaping the rewards.

#56 Glasgowmancity

Glasgowmancity
  • 5,662 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:10 PM

I dunno if i misheard it on 5live but im sure someone mentioned that venky's didnt think they could get relegated :blink:

It was true when they bought them they didn't know there was such a thing as relegation :lol:
The friendly face of Nationalists
A post (number 2156887) from 'antidote' on 11th June 2012 at 8:57pm "If Scotland votes no then I will never help a unionist supporter agian."

#57 irnbruman

irnbruman
  • 2,832 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:46 AM

This holier than thou attitude against the Blackburn fans stinks. First of all the vast majority of Blackburn fans are thoroughly decent and exercised their right to protest against the Venkys and Steve Kean totally fking up their club. The media always like to highlight the odd nutter who gets carried away .i.e Keans personal safety etc but why the fk shouldnt they protest when the replace a reasonable manager with an absolute fking idiot who spouts a load of garbage, plays players out of position and generally hasnt got a scooby.

The media keep on about Kean having dignity - bollo cks - if he did he would have resigned because he cant do the job - but hell no he will wait to be sacked..

If the same scenario happened at most other clubs the reaction from the fans would have been a lot worse. If the fans had been taken notice of - then perhaps they would have got a proper manager in -- but when they are protesting during the game - why not when your team are fking hopeless and not trying - no shots on goal against Tottenham the previous week.

I personally have a lot of sympathy for the Blackburn fans - their club is rotally pumped at the moment.

#58 Scunnered

Scunnered
  • 12,225 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:01 PM

I don't know the ins and outs of it, why Kean needs security etc, and anyone who even considers harassing or physically abusing anyone over football deserves locked up. But it's very easy to see why your average Blackburn fan would want Kean out.
Yes to Independence
Naw to SNP

#59 OLAS

OLAS
  • 5,939 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:02 PM

Well said, irnbruman.

Venky's know the sum of he-haw about football and Kean is the cheap option. They'll be happy with that.

I always support the Scots down south but not when they're absolutely hopeless.

Over 21% of Blackburn's population go every other Saturday to Ewood Park. They deserve better.

#60 Scunnered

Scunnered
  • 12,225 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:03 PM

Over 21% of Blackburn's population go every other Saturday to Ewood Park. They deserve better.

That's a fantastic statistic.
Yes to Independence
Naw to SNP