Photo

Matt Phillips Will Start Usa Friendly

• Please log in to reply
188 replies to this topic

#31 wembley67lisbon

wembley67lisbon
  • 10,309 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 10:29 PM

Strong levein backers (slayer, wanderer, reeky) must be sfa employees.

Are you honestly not bothered by the angloisation of our jersey?

My guess at an answer:

"its not ideal, but at the end of the day they have accepted a call up and if it helps us then so be it"

"other countries do it"

#32 stevenmcn

stevenmcn
  • 1,175 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 10:49 PM

The "particular piece of clothing" is the national shirt of another country you clown.

Seriously, abuse? You've lost already.

These aren't the droids you're looking for. Move along.

No way. You actually reported me for calling you a clown. :-)) :-)) :-)) I think you can become the first person i've ever put on ignore, just in case I hurt your poor wee feelings again. :wave:

#33 SlayerX

SlayerX
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 10:49 PM

We may not like it, we may absolutely abhor it, but the facts are that we all have to accept that Levein will call up whomever he wishes.

Time is priceless and life is too short to pick battles that you can't be triumphant in.

Edited by SlayerX, 15 May 2012 - 10:55 PM.

I came, I saw, I conquered. ~ Julius Caesar

#34 SlayerX

SlayerX
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 10:52 PM

No way. You actually reported me for calling you a clown. :-)) :-)) :-)) I think you can become the first person i've ever put on ignore, just in case I hurt your poor wee feelings again. :wave:

I have never reported anyone, ever.

I think that I can take the slings and arrows that get fired my way.

No idea what you're talking about, mate.

#35 ParisInAKilt

ParisInAKilt
  • 22,738 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:14 AM

We may not like it, we may absolutely abhor it, but the facts are that we all have to accept that Levein will call up whomever he wishes.

Agreed.

Unless you decide not to follow the team anymore
Pick it out Landreau

#36 SlayerX

SlayerX
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:47 AM

Yes.

The reason I'm not moaning is because it's illogical. People are whining and complaining, but to what end? Nothing is going to change if we air our grievances, so why do it?

It's about time for people to stop whining and whinging and get behind the team and the manager.

#37 ParisInAKilt

ParisInAKilt
  • 22,738 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 04:09 AM

It's about time for people to stop whining and whinging and get behind the team and the manager.

To be fair I think you can do both
Pick it out Landreau

#38 tam4ritchie

tam4ritchie
  • 4,954 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 05:13 AM

Rhodes accepted a call up by England at youth level, just because he didn't play it doesn't make him any less English.
Rhodes is English.

Still trying I see slaver? Rhodes ( at the time he was called up) was not eligible to play for Scotland and accepted as he thought it was his only route to international football. But you know that

#39 Parklife

Parklife
  • 27,585 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 05:53 AM

Yes he has never represented England..... Still was called up and accepted a call up by the only nation he qualified to play for. why not say "no thanks"??? Seriously injuring yourself to avoid a call up is some lengths to go to.....

Would mention McCall, but can no be bothered..... Rhodes and Phillips are now Scottish and both will go on to have a long career with us

So my initial statement was 100% correct and your "correction" was 100% wrong?

Glad we cleared that up :ok:

#40 big_matt

big_matt
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 06:29 AM

Yes.

Nothing is going to change if we air our grievances, so why do it?

I think this is the attitude that holds us back as a country in sporting terms, to be honest.

We don't have to accept anything at all, we just choose to (because you are a 'traitor' if you don't).

There are thousands of examples on different sports around the world where fans have refused to accept being given a buffoon for a manager etc. Look at how the Newcastle fans got rid of Allardyce, and look at how the club is doing now.

In Scotland though we just accept poor managers/average english players because you have to "get behind the boys".

The more we accept having terrible managers and teams filled with English players, the more comfortable the SFA gets at giving us them.

Plenty people on here were saying we should be "getting behind" Burley. How did that one turn out? Just as well as filling our team with average Englishmen I suspect.

#41 ParisInAKilt

ParisInAKilt
  • 22,738 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 06:39 AM

I think this is the attitude that holds us back as a country in sporting terms, to be honest.

We don't have to accept anything at all, we just choose to (because you are a 'traitor' if you don't).

There are thousands of examples on different sports around the world where fans have refused
to accept being given a buffoon for a manager etc. Look at how the Newcastle fans got rid of Allardyce, and look at how the club is doing now.

In Scotland though we just accept poor managers/average english players because you
have to "get behind the boys".

The more we accept having terrible managers
and teams filled with English players, the more comfortable the SFA gets at giving us them.

Plenty people on here were saying we should be "getting behind" Burley. How did that one turn out? Just as well as filling our team with average Englishmen I suspect.

Okay what do you suggest we do about Levein capping English players?
Pick it out Landreau

#42 wanderer

wanderer
  • 10,780 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 07:24 AM

So my initial statement was 100% correct and your "correction" was 100% wrong?

Glad we cleared that up :ok:

Still doesn't mean he didn't accept a call up.....
If you still use tippex
If you think Puma Clyde is the greatest trainer of ever
If Argentina 78 was your favourite world cup
If Watership Down makes you cry

come join Wanderer's Secret Society

#43 Parklife

Parklife
  • 27,585 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 07:26 AM

Still doesn't mean he didn't accept a call up.....

Which i never mentioned. So your "correction" was totally wrong :ok:

#44 wanderer

wanderer
  • 10,780 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 07:29 AM

Strong levein backers (slayer, wanderer, reeky) must be sfa employees.

Are you honestly not bothered by the angloisation of our jersey?

My guess at an answer:

"its not ideal, but at the end of the day they have accepted a call up and if it helps us then so be it"

"other countries do it"

I do not like Levein.... I do not agree with 90% of the things he does and says, but he is the manager and has ny backing.

Warnock (if true) is a step to far, but calling up a player with a hand full of youth England caps (Phillips) or constantly over looked (Bardsley) or a gem of a find kicking around the lower leagues (Alexander) etc.... As long as they bring something to the team and try their hardest to bring us success it does me (do you really think Phillips picking Us over England means he can not be bothered with playing in a world cup or Euro finals????)

Edited by wanderer, 16 May 2012 - 07:32 AM.

If you still use tippex

#45 wanderer

wanderer
  • 10,780 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 07:30 AM

Which i never mentioned. So your "correction" was totally wrong :ok:

But wasn't correcting you, was just pointing out that until 2009 we were never an option, so there was no way we were ever his first option, as till then it was impossible
If you still use tippex