• Please log in to reply
188 replies to this topic

#121 Parklife

Parklife
  • 27,941 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 11:45 AM

Some folk need to relax!

I'll put this in big letters to help:

ONE PHUCKING C.V. WHORE IS ONE TOO MANY!!

#122 wanderer

wanderer
  • 11,009 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 11:52 AM

I'll put this in big letters to help:

ONE PHUCKING C.V. WHORE IS ONE TOO MANY!!

Matt Elliott.... ultimate CV whore!

In the current squad I would say only Gilks is.... Morrsion and Bardsley said some foolish things when they were younger, but both have moved on and both give 100% in every game!

Matt Phillips.... at 20 years old, if he has gave up on an england cap already, then he might aswell give up football full stop, as whats the point on giving up your hopes and dreams of playing in a World Cup for England at such a young age? The kid is talked up big time by those in the England youth set up, and his own manager says he is worth millions and could walk into any team in England.

Maybe, just maybe, the kid had a sudden change of heart???? Maybe he was really close to his Grandfather (from what we are told McCarthey is only playing for Ireland because of a promise he made to his one Irish realtion!)??? I am prepaired to cut Phillips some slack, as 20 year olds with their whole career ahead of them are not "C.V. Whores"

Edited by wanderer, 18 May 2012 - 11:53 AM.

If you still use tippex
If you think Puma Clyde is the greatest trainer of ever
If Argentina 78 was your favourite world cup
If Watership Down makes you cry

come join Wanderer's Secret Society

#123 Parklife

Parklife
  • 27,941 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 12:08 PM

but both have moved on and both give 100% in every game!

I don't give a phuck.

Having CV whores like them bastardise the Scotland shirt is not okay, regardless of how hard they try.

#124 wanderer

wanderer
  • 11,009 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 12:34 PM

I don't give a phuck.

Having CV whores like them bastardise the Scotland shirt is not okay, regardless of how hard they try.

But surley "CV whores" would only be interested in the big games (Just the Spain game, with maybe Brazil at a push), yet guys like Bardsley and Morrison have showed up for games like Denmark, 3 Celtic Cup matches and Cyprus etc.... when guys Hutton has not!
If you still use tippex

#125 OLAS

OLAS
  • 6,028 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 12:39 PM

Looks like Leveins future plans involve Phillips and Forrest as attacking options.

http://www.dailyreco...86908-23864044/

Forrest admits bad luck so far has prevented Levein’s radical attacking strategy being put into action.

That did make me chuckle a wee bit. :lol:

#126 wanderer

wanderer
  • 11,009 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 12:42 PM

That did make me chuckle a wee bit. :lol:

TBH I had to reread that line a couple of times to make sure it it was the reporter being serious or just a cheeky dig :-))
If you still use tippex

#127 ParisInAKilt

ParisInAKilt
  • 22,856 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 12:44 PM

Has to be a cheeky dig :lol:
Pick it out Landreau

#128 Tartan Eagle

Tartan Eagle
  • 746 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 01:40 PM

Agree with all of that re the rugby but whats that got to do with the price of fish ? we're talking about football. You might not smile when the FA's that object to the home nations status questioning it again when your starting line up has 6/7 anglos in it plus its quite frankly embarrassing to be poaching another countries players because you can't sort your own house out.

How can the eFA be pi**ed off when FIFA rules confirm Phillip's eligibility for Scotland?
Re The price of fish? You're the one who brought up poaching! Anyway, I wasn't aware that football had a monopoly on the issue of national eligibility/identity.

Other FA's have always objected to the 4 home nations' status (and voting rights) and there's nothing there for you or I to smile about (NoTeamGB). However, if you're talking "anglos" Scotland has always had them - 8 of our 11 v Holland in '78 played in England (our definition, in a footballing sense, of "Anglo")

On this current issue with CL's trawling (or trolling?) for available talent, I understand the "CV Whore" point of view BUT I have to agree with Wanderer about Matt Phillips:
WHY would he, an acclaimed 21 yo, give up on playing for England unless he wanted to play for Scotland? He's a major prospect who could yet be playing in the epl in August, and could easily have declined CL's invitation to join the Scotland squad. So why didn't he?

His answer to that might just determine what sort of welcome he gets from the TA

WGS - restoring pride......and making it fun again. Am I looking forward to 2014? YES   

#129 Parklife

Parklife
  • 27,941 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 02:23 PM

But surley "CV whores" would only be interested in the big games (Just the Spain game, with maybe Brazil at a push), yet guys like Bardsley and Morrison have showed up for games like Denmark, 3 Celtic Cup matches and Cyprus etc.... when guys Hutton has not!

Are you trying to claim anything other than those players are using Scotland to play international football?

I don't give a phuck how many games they turn up for, they're not, and never will be, Scottish.

Has to be a cheeky dig :lol:

Forrest better hope not, or he'll be getting left out of the next game.

#130 Nobby

Nobby
  • 1,478 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 02:27 PM

How can the eFA be pi**ed off when FIFA rules confirm Phillip's eligibility for Scotland? Re The price of fish? You're the one who brought up poaching! Anyway, I wasn't aware that football had a monopoly on the issue of national eligibility/identity. Other FA's have always objected to the 4 home nations' status (and voting rights) and there's nothing there for you or I to smile about (NoTeamGB). However, if you're talking "anglos" Scotland has always had them - 8 of our 11 v Holland in '78 played in England (our definition, in a footballing sense, of "Anglo") On this current issue with CL's trawling (or trolling?) for available talent, I understand the "CV Whore" point of view BUT I have to agree with Wanderer about Matt Phillips: WHY would he, an acclaimed 21 yo, give up on playing for England unless he wanted to play for Scotland? He's a major prospect who could yet be playing in the epl in August, and could easily have declined CL's invitation to join the Scotland squad. So why didn't he? His answer to that might just determine what sort of welcome he gets from the TA

He's English eligible for Scotland because of a single grandfather and he's a product of the English youth system if you think what Craig Levein has done is right you need help. We'll agree to disagree. As previously stated picking other countries players is frankly embarassing the SFA should sort themselves out instead of relying on another countries development systems.
"It's a racing certainty just call me Nobby two stars" (I refer of course to Brazil 2014)

#131 mariokempes56

mariokempes56
  • 9,008 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 02:53 PM

He's English eligible for Scotland because of a single grandfather and he's a product of the English youth system if you think what Craig Levein has done is right you need help. We'll agree to disagree. As previously stated picking other countries players is frankly embarassing the SFA should sort themselves out instead of relying on another countries development systems.

Heheee...

#132 Tartan Eagle

Tartan Eagle
  • 746 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 02:53 PM

He's eligible for Scotland

Fixed that for you

Why are you so sore about this Nobby? He's obviously got potential but I don't hear him mentioned in discussions about England's class of the future -
Oxlade-Chamberlain, Wilshere, Cleverley, Jones, Smalling, Rodwell etc

Why do you think he chose Scotland when, despite what I said above, he's clearly got potential to move into the senior England set-up? I'd have thought this was an ideal time for a young talent to be staking a claim as your golden generation, erm, reaches maturity. Maybe Phillips just wants to check us out, to see if he likes it. (If so, and if he proves a CV whore, you can have him back). Or maybe it's because he's eligible and feels Scottish.

WGS - restoring pride......and making it fun again. Am I looking forward to 2014? YES   

#133 new hugh

new hugh
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 03:12 PM

Paw Broon once played 4 in a qualifier match (I include Di Matteo in those 4 as he had England U21 and B caps, plus was involved in a couple of England squads)

Di Matteo? I'm assuming that's a typo.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Edited by new hugh, 18 May 2012 - 03:13 PM.

"Lemonade was a popular drink and it still is."

#134 MacWalka

MacWalka
  • 2,094 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 03:21 PM

Fixed that for you

Why are you so sore about this Nobby? He's obviously got potential but I don't hear him mentioned in discussions about England's class of the future -
Oxlade-Chamberlain, Wilshere, Cleverley, Jones, Smalling, Rodwell etc

Why do you think he chose Scotland when, despite what I said above, he's clearly got potential to move into the senior England set-up? I'd have thought this was an ideal time for a young talent to be staking a claim as your golden generation, erm, reaches maturity. Maybe Phillips just wants to check us out, to see if he likes it. (If so, and if he proves a CV whore, you can have him back). Or maybe it's because he's eligible and feels Scottish.

He can't go back to England, you can only change your paperwork with FIFA once so he can only play for Scotland now.
I'd also be annoyed if a promising young player came through our youth team and then was poached by another country. I think Nobby (and the FA) are right to feel aggrieved at the current policy of tapping up English players with Scottish connections. Quite frankly I think it is pathetic.
Winners never quit and quitters never win.

#135 mariokempes56

mariokempes56
  • 9,008 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 03:28 PM

99% on here do not agree with the Rules as they stand.

But while other countries use the Rules to their advantage Craig (not the first) is using the Rules to what he sees is our advantage.

While i wholly disagree with the Rules thats the reality which we need to live with.

Far better to petition FIFA (some chance these twats would listen or care).