Kenny Dalglish

Available

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Barney Rubble

Barney Rubble
  • 2,755 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 09:39 PM

Scotland's most capped player, and joint top scorer is available to be approached once again.

He's achieved more as a player and as a manager than the current incumbent ever has.

Vividly remember him being interviewed on Real Radio by Ewen Cameron and Alan Rough about his possible interest in the then available Scotland manager job in November 2009.

Kenny's response was 'It's manners to wait until you are asked.'

Perhaps the SFA should now take him up on that statement?
Dhe faliminderit!

#2 macy37

macy37
  • 872 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 09:45 PM

Scotland's most capped player, and joint top scorer is available to be approached once again.

He's achieved more as a player and as a manager than the current incumbent ever has.

Vividly remember him being interviewed on Real Radio by Ewen Cameron and Alan Rough about his possible interest in the then available Scotland manager job in November 2009.

Kenny's response was 'It's manners to wait until you are asked.'

Perhaps the SFA should now take him up on that statement?

The man is a poor gaffer and would do no better than the current dick in charge.

Next.

#3 Scotch Egg

Scotch Egg
  • 69 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 09:55 PM

One of the all time great players !!!

Wouldn't touch him as a coach.....consistently fails !!!
The rain in Spain stays mainly in Valencia

#4 McManus4

McManus4
  • 826 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 09:57 PM

The fact he paid £75 million for Downing, Henderson and Carroll absolutely terrifies me. He clearly has very questionable judgement on footballers.

#5 WillfaeSwindon

WillfaeSwindon
  • 6,346 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 02:10 AM

The fact he paid 75 million for Downing, Henderson and Carroll absolutely terrifies me. He clearly has very questionable judgement on footballers.

how much of those signings were down to him rather than Camoli though?
Jobs we should have chosen #1: Oligarch's wife.

London Scottish AFC - More history than the MK Dons!
www.londonscottishfc.com also add us on Facebook!!!

I want to go for a swim!

#6 ParisInAKilt

ParisInAKilt
  • 22,257 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 02:19 AM

Even if he didn't sanction the transfer, he's still the manager who failed to get the best out of them. Henderson and Downing had good season last year but have looked poor this season, especially Downing. Even Carroll probably isn't as bad as he's been at times this season.

In saying that he's probably a better option than Levein

Edited by ParisInAKilt, 17 May 2012 - 02:21 AM.

Pick it out Landreau

#7 WillfaeSwindon

WillfaeSwindon
  • 6,346 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 02:36 AM

Even if he didn't sanction the transfer, he's still the manager who failed to get the best out of them. Henderson and Downing had good season last year but have looked poor this season, especially Downing. Even Carroll probably isn't as bad as he's been at times this season.

In saying that he's probably a better option than Levein

I wonder if Ali Dia ever went into management? He'd be better than Levein!
Jobs we should have chosen #1: Oligarch's wife.

London Scottish AFC - More history than the MK Dons!
www.londonscottishfc.com also add us on Facebook!!!

I want to go for a swim!

#8 BremnerLorimerGray

BremnerLorimerGray
  • 900 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 05:56 AM

One of the all time great players !!!

Wouldn't touch him as a coach.....consistently fails !!!

Ridiculous statement. Other than Ferguson, few managers will ever achieve the success Dalglish has had.
Chino Army. Scotlands only Chino based supporters club. We don't do Kilts, We do Chino's

And what about you, my fair lady? Can i trouble you for a quick Lewinsky?

#9 hannibal smith

hannibal smith
  • 7,112 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 06:16 AM

Ridiculous statement. Other than Ferguson, few managers will ever achieve the success Dalglish has had.

few managers ever get the budgets he got

Running a Loch Ness Marathon for the Sunshine Appeal  https://mydonate.bt..../alasdairsmith1

www.faircitytartanarmy.com

#10 jimstroma

jimstroma
  • 3,667 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 06:34 AM

Kenny would be great for Scotland!
He has won more as a manager than all the current English born Managers that are managing in all the English leagues put together!
He is a Scottish legend!

#11 northernscum

northernscum
  • 6,349 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 06:34 AM

That is also a ridiculous statement. Considering the money he has had available to him his tenure at Liverpool has been more or less abject failure.
Do you honestly think if it was another manager, let's say Roy Hodgson for example, who had done the same he would be getting the same level of support that Dalglish is getting? Alucky league cup win against a championship side does not cut it for that kind of financial backing.

His biggest success was 18 years ago with Blackburn, and even then that was bankrolled by Walker, so although there is no denying he was a wonderful footballer and Scotland legend, his recent management techniques have been honking, and i wouldn't want to see his international record tarnished by being a disasterous manager.

"There are no prisoners of war, only traitors"

Independence day 24/03/2016

#12 Pool Q

Pool Q
  • 3,270 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 06:38 AM

He has looked badly out of touch this time around. I've no idea how involved he was in the signing of Carroll, Henderson et al, but I'd suspect that he had some input. Whatever is the case, he has certainly failed to get the best out of them - it's easy to forget just how good Carroll looked at Newcastle, Adam was moninated for players' POTY in his one season in the EPL at Blackpool, and Downing was Villa's POTY last season I think. Over and above that he looked hopelessly lost off the field, all at sea in the modern, media dominated game that exists now. Maybe this shouldn't matter, but it does, if the media turn against a manager then, barring winning just about every week, he is sunk.

Edited by Pool Q, 17 May 2012 - 06:39 AM.

8 bars on the piano

#13 Deeklipse

Deeklipse
  • 952 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 07:37 AM

I was going to say he's won more this year than Levein has or ever will do but that's quite harsh on the twice Young Player of the Year and 6 times SPL Manager of the Month.

#14 BremnerLorimerGray

BremnerLorimerGray
  • 900 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 07:42 AM

So 3 league titles with Liverpool, 2 FA Cups and the first manager to lead them to a domestic double, which included rebuilding the great Liverpool side. 3 top 4 finishes with Blackburn including a Premier League title. A runners up place and FA Cup final with Newcastle and A League Cup and FA Cup Final in his year and bit with Liverpool second time around.

Aye, pure shite. Who would ever want a manager with that on his C.V?
Chino Army. Scotlands only Chino based supporters club. We don't do Kilts, We do Chino's

And what about you, my fair lady? Can i trouble you for a quick Lewinsky?

#15 Deeklipse

Deeklipse
  • 952 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 07:48 AM

So 3 league titles with Liverpool, 2 FA Cups and the first manager to lead them to a domestic double, which included rebuilding the great Liverpool side. 3 top 4 finishes with Blackburn including a Premier League title. A runners up place and FA Cup final with Newcastle and A League Cup and FA Cup Final in his year and bit with Liverpool second time around.

Aye, pure shite. Who would ever want a manager with that on his C.V?

To be fair to Levein, as well as the 8 awards listed above, he also has a Scottish Cup Runners Up medal and guided Dundee Utd to the League Cup Final. He won the egg and spoon race in Primary 5.