Gordon Without A Club

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#1 lau03143

lau03143
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 10:34 AM

http://m.stv.tv/spor...ves-sunderland/

Not surprising really. Been injured for so long, and prone to dips in form with Sunderland.

Open to a move to Celtic.
..."This is our land, this is our Scotland, these are our people, these are our men, our works, our women and children: can you beat it?"
James Maxton, 1924...

#2 Lion Rampant

Lion Rampant
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 10:38 AM

You would expect that a 'keeper of his ability would not be short of offers.

Especially as he is on a free transfer.

#3 ParisInAKilt

ParisInAKilt
  • 22,260 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 10:46 AM

This
Pick it out Landreau

#4 rasputin

rasputin
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 10:51 AM

We shall see.

“Should Scotland be an independent country?” Yes or No.   YES, Tha, Aye

#5 PASTA Mick

PASTA Mick
  • 12,457 posts

He'll be at Celtic next season unless an offer comes in from a top European club.

Like LR said, he'll not be short of offers.

Personally, I think it's important he goes to a club where he'll be first choice from the start.

PASTA (Preston and Surroundings Tartan Army)
www.yesscotland.net

#6 wanderer

wanderer
  • 10,077 posts

Pretty sure Gordon will be snapped up in no time!

Think he will either end up at the likes of a Fulham as number 1, or at Arsenal as number 2 keeper.
If you still use tippex
If you think Puma Clyde is the greatest trainer of ever
If Argentina 78 was your favourite world cup
If Watership Down makes you cry

come join Wanderer's Secret Society

#7 Deeklipse

Deeklipse
  • 954 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 10:52 AM

The quotes from him don't actually mention Celtic. He just diplomatically says he is open to any offers.

#8 EddardStark

EddardStark
  • 7,347 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 10:53 AM

Needs to be a no 1...Dont think he is mentally cut out to be a number 2..Championship or SPL, the latter will be Celtic.Will be good to have him back playing regulary.

#9 PASTA Mick

PASTA Mick
  • 12,457 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 11:07 AM

Needs to be a no 1...Dont think he is mentally cut out to be a number 2..Championship or SPL, the latter will be Celtic.Will be good to have him back playing regulary.

Very important we get him back soon. McGregor has stood in well but he's simply not as good as a fully-fit Craig Gordon.

www.yesscotland.net

#10 Matty16

Matty16
  • 262 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 11:27 AM

Gordon doesn't fill me with the confidence he use to think he has alot to prove this coming season to take the gloves off mcgregor.

#11 northernscum

northernscum
  • 6,349 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 11:28 AM

It would be shambolic if Gordon came back to the lame SPL, he needs to be No1, yes but at a club where he can get right back to and hopefully better than the form he was in a couple of seasons back.
That will not be done while he is metaphorically sitting on the crossbar having a sandwich at most of Celtics games in the SPL. (or their 2 games in Europe)

Surely there will be offers from european teams who can offer him a good standard and regular gametime.

"There are no prisoners of war, only traitors"

Independence day 24/03/2016

#12 Alan

Alan
  • 3,227 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 11:31 AM

Very important we get him back soon. McGregor has stood in well but he's simply not as good as a fully-fit Craig Gordon.

I don't think there is much between them but I had to bold and underline as Gordon is a bit of a sicknote with many injury problems. Sunderland did not get their monies worth for the £9 million they paid for him.

"We'll give it a go."  Gordon Strachan 15th January 2012.  http://www.bettertogether.net

#13 ParisInAKilt

ParisInAKilt
  • 22,260 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 11:33 AM

Agree that his time at Sunderland was disappointing. Hopefully he stays in England and is able to show just how good he is. An outstanding keeper when fit for us
Pick it out Landreau

#14 Parklife

Parklife
  • 26,878 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 11:36 AM

I don't think there is much between them but I had to bold and underline as Gordon is a bit of a sicknote with many injury problems. Sunderland did not get their monies worth for the £9 million they paid for him.

They should sue Jermaine Defoe for being a thug.

#15 PASTA Mick

PASTA Mick
  • 12,457 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 11:37 AM

There is. McGregor has made far more mistakes in his 20 caps than Gordon has made in his 40. A lot more.

He has had a couple of lenghty injuries over the last two years but hopefully he can put it behind him now.

I hate Defoe. :angry:

www.yesscotland.net