Photo

Game Being Played Where ?

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#1 king denis

king denis
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 04:52 PM

hi all just bein drinkin wi kenny black [asst scotland coach] n asked him about venue for wales game n they havnt heard anythin regardin millenium or cardiff stadiums so panic is on hold but he does think it will b at the millenium as we will take 30,000 at least keep ur fingers crossed guys

#2 jimstroma

jimstroma
  • 3,666 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 05:05 PM

The FAW said it is likely to be The Cardiff City Stadium!

#3 j b lyons

j b lyons
  • 458 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 10:06 PM

The FAW said it is likely to be The Cardiff City Stadium!

From a previous quote by someone in Wales - "the last thing we will want is the Millenium stadium filled with Scottish supporters" The likely venue will be CCS which means we will get about 2,700 tickets.
One of the 'Sittingbourne 2'
Sporran Legion Special Envoy to Eng***d
Engaged on 'missionary work'

#4 scottincarlisle

scottincarlisle
  • 1,396 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 03:05 PM

Will be at CCS. Wales we be lucky to shift 20,000 agains't us so we should get more than the 10%. Sure we got 4,000 at last friendly. They'd rather play at a full house than a half full stadium with huge overheads.

#5 Cove_Sheep

Cove_Sheep
  • 28,542 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 05:37 PM

hi all just bein drinkin wi kenny black [asst scotland coach] n asked him about venue for wales game n they havnt heard anythin regardin millenium or cardiff stadiums so panic is on hold but he does think it will b at the millenium as we will take 30,000 at least keep ur fingers crossed guys

Stewart Regan has constantly said he believes it will be at CCS.

We will also take nothing like 30,000 to the game.

Vote No and forever lose the right to complain about a UK Govt that does not represent Scotland
Vote Yes in 2014 and get the government we want, every single time

#6 DeeRus

DeeRus
  • 1,587 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 06:00 PM

Plus the Welsh FA have a home stadium ...................... which is the Cardiff City Stadium!

They signed a deal to make that their official home a wee while back, so there's no real reason they wouldn't play there ............. in fact, cause its us, it would be a disadvantage to play it at the home of Egg Chasing!!

#7 wanderer

wanderer
  • 10,042 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 06:03 PM

Talking to a welsh fan I know, he is 99% sure it will be CCS, though there has been no hints dropped and he thinks a Friday night game in the millennium would be a grave yard (we will take no more than 10-12k tops, ans he thinks the Welsh would struggle to match that)
If you still use tippex
If you think Puma Clyde is the greatest trainer of ever
If Argentina 78 was your favourite world cup
If Watership Down makes you cry

come join Wanderer's Secret Society

#8 Rich NATA

Rich NATA
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 01:43 PM

I'm resigned to it being the CCS, which will be a disappoinment. It was a b*stard to get back from the last time - and that was an afternoon match.

Got the train back to the centre and the rail steward on the platform kept saying the football special would be along in 5 minutes. It eventually showed up, but think we were stood there for the best part of an hour :angry:

#9 portbhoypaddy

portbhoypaddy
  • Banned
  • 2,644 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 01:46 PM

How likely are Wales to sell all their tickets for the CCS?

If you compare the advantages in resources that Scotland enjoys over Norway - better location, easier access to market, world-class technology across a range of sectors, a whisky industry with world renowned premium brands, top universities, easier geography, a huge global diaspora willing us to do well and a great global brand - we should be considering Norway as our start point, not our end point. The fact that our aspirations are so low is a sad indictment of what the Union has done for Scotland.

#10 nek

nek
  • 931 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 02:20 PM

How likely are Wales to sell all their tickets for the CCS?

not very, and plus i doubt it will be the most complicated thing in the world to get a hold of them in their public sale. basically if you have anyone in england you could get them posted to, i reckon itl be fine, cant see them limiting to welsh address only, prob just non scottish
how do you know which cows on holiday? the one with the wee calf

#11 portbhoypaddy

portbhoypaddy
  • Banned
  • 2,644 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 02:40 PM

not very, and plus i doubt it will be the most complicated thing in the world to get a hold of them in their public sale. basically if you have anyone in england you could get them posted to, i reckon itl be fine, cant see them limiting to welsh address only, prob just non scottish

I'm sure "burdy" will let one of you lot use his address if you ask nicely :-))

If you compare the advantages in resources that Scotland enjoys over Norway - better location, easier access to market, world-class technology across a range of sectors, a whisky industry with world renowned premium brands, top universities, easier geography, a huge global diaspora willing us to do well and a great global brand - we should be considering Norway as our start point, not our end point. The fact that our aspirations are so low is a sad indictment of what the Union has done for Scotland.

#12 ruskojock1314

ruskojock1314
  • 85 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 04:01 PM

if it is at ccs and anyone needs use my address just send us message not a problem as im in england and see you there :cheers3:

#13 deecie

deecie
  • 10,000 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 05:58 PM

I'm resigned to it being the CCS, which will be a disappoinment. It was a b*stard to get back from the last time - and that was an afternoon match.

Got the train back to the centre and the rail steward on the platform kept saying the football special would be along in 5 minutes. It eventually showed up, but think we were stood there for the best part of an hour :angry:

It's only 1 stop to Centraal Station, I walked it in about 10 mins.

2nd Gen Megadrive

26" Colour HITACHI

#14 scottincarlisle

scottincarlisle
  • 1,396 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:58 PM

Aye but there was a gale force wind & rain pushing you along as I remember. :lol:

#15 Rich NATA

Rich NATA
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 12:45 PM

You must walk fast; it's over 2km.

I didn't know which route to take to get from Cardiff suburbia to the city centre. Add to that I was cold, wet, my team had just been gubbed and the rail official told us "5 minutes".