65 replies to this topic

#1 GaryTA

GaryTA
  • Banned
  • 2,169 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 06:33 PM

And why?

Mine was this season.

Okay so a lot of it was really bad. We got gubbed by Celtic twice, finished an average 5th and there was turmoil off of the pitch.

But...

I have never left the ground with a bigger smile on my face on so many occasions.

Victory at Ibrox.
Beating Hibs 4 times in one season, including Easter Road.
Beating Celtic and Hibs (my 2 most hated clubs) at Hampden in incredible circumstances on the route to a Scottish cup.

Amazing.

Thank you Hearts.

Edited by GaryTA, 21 May 2012 - 06:39 PM.

#2 daddybuc16

daddybuc16
  • 1,090 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 07:07 PM

Hard one to call as a raith rovers fan because i have been fortunate to witness two of the greatest seasons back to back 94-96. after being relegated in 1994 we went on the run that ultimately seen us beating celtic in the coca cola cup final whilst struggling in the laegue, then after that going on an 11 game unbeaten run that seen us promoted back to the premier league.
But weigh that up against watching us playing the mighty bayern munich who at the time had some of the best players in the world + being mascot that season. its a hard one to call.
Both were once in a lifetime things, but got to say despite how great it was to see they great players in the flesh, ye can't whack seeing your team lifting silverware and the thrill of penatly kicks.
so for that reason got to be 1994-95

Edited by daddybuc16, 21 May 2012 - 07:08 PM.

#3 Rossy

Rossy
  • 12,749 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 07:42 PM

2 European trophies, a Scottish cup, in the race for the league to the last day, beating Bayern, Real Madrid and Hamburg, and having 6 players in the Scotland side (v N.Ireland).

And they were just the highlights. The day to day stuff was thrashing just about everyone on a weekly basis.

I give you 1983 as a Dons fan.

One Scottish cup ??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

P.S. Gaz. How many more threads are you intending to start ?
Please don't argue back about this as I am 100% correct.

#4 Cove_Sheep

Cove_Sheep
  • 29,425 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 07:44 PM

2 European trophies, a Scottish cup, in the race for the league to the last day, beating Bayern, Real Madrid and Hamburg, and having 6 players in the Scotland side (v N.Ireland).

And they were just the highlights. The day to day stuff was thrashing just about everyone on a weekly basis.

Old cuddly bunny rabbit.

For my generation it would probably be 2007/08.

#5 Garywag

Garywag
  • 2,812 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 07:46 PM

Partick Thistle's 00-01 first division championship season, won the league by a clear 10 points and played great all season, very rare to see us have such consistency and not only that but it was immediately after winning the 2nd division, John Lambie is a legend!!!
'It's an iron lung, it keeps me from dying.. I WANNA PLAY BASEBALL!!!!!'

#6 deecie

deecie
  • 10,244 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 07:47 PM

That's easy 2009, without a shadow of a doubt when we won the Spanish League, Copa del Rey, Champions League, Spanish Super Cup, European Super Cup, and Club World Cup.

Just wish we'd managed to win the Tennent's 6's that season too - can't have it all though.

2nd Gen Megadrive

26" Colour HITACHI

#7 Rossy

Rossy
  • 12,749 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 07:51 PM

That's easy 2009, without a shadow of a doubt when we won the Spanish League, Copa del Rey, Champions League, Spanish Super Cup, European Super Cup, and Club World Cup.

Just wish we'd managed to win the Tennent's 6's that season too - can't have it all though.

Aberdeen won all that ?

F*ck me.
Please don't argue back about this as I am 100% correct.

#8 GaryTA

GaryTA
  • Banned
  • 2,169 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 07:52 PM

1902 threads I shall start.

You were to name one season, didn't ask for an argument or cheek, but hey thanks for that.

Ps Hearts 8-7 Dons in regards to Scottish cups.

I've seen it 3 times in the flesh, happy enough with that.

Edited by GaryTA, 21 May 2012 - 07:53 PM.

#9 GaryTA

GaryTA
  • Banned
  • 2,169 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 07:54 PM

"we"

#10 Cove_Sheep

Cove_Sheep
  • 29,425 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 07:54 PM

Are you still drunk Gaz?

#11 deecie

deecie
  • 10,244 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 07:56 PM

Aberdeen won all that ?

F*ck me.

Not in 2009 I don't think? I'll check for you though.

"we"

Nah son, you ain't Catalan.

2nd Gen Megadrive

26" Colour HITACHI

#12 TAMOSHANTER

TAMOSHANTER
  • 528 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:13 PM

naw but he's definately Matalan :wink2:
When'er to drink you are inclin'd,
Or cutty-sarks rin in your mind,

#13 aaid

aaid
  • 3,004 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:16 PM

Did you get a new easy chair with your Sky subscription?
The owls are not what they seem

#14 deecie

deecie
  • 10,244 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:26 PM

Did you get a new easy chair with your Sky subscription?

Nah, half price broadband & I got a £50 M&S Voucher as I was 'introduced' by one of my mates :ok:

2nd Gen Megadrive

26" Colour HITACHI

#15 Squirrelhumper

Squirrelhumper
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:32 PM

In terms of results and as Gaz said, "walking out the ground with a smile on your face" then this season has to be up there.

Killie 1 (Pascali) Rangers 0 - Beating them at RP, after they won the league there on the previous visit was class. It also ended their away run undefeated
Killie 1 Ayr 0 - 25,000+ for an Ayrshire Derby and the good guys won. Brian Reid spoiled the day as a spectacle but we got there in the end.

Rangers 0 Killie 1 (Shiels) Admin Saturday, 50,000 rammed into Ibrox for last night of the Proms, only for Killie to turn up, play them off the park and them to start "walking away" at 80mins.

But last but not least

Killie 1 Celtic 0 - After seeing up pumped twice in recent years in the League Cup Final, we finally turned up and thought we played as well as i've seen against one of the ugly sisters in a Final in recent years. What a day, weekend and the best monday club I will ever likely to attend. Pub was bouncing and I finally made it back into work on the Wednesday!

We also won at Tynecastle again (its getting boring) with Dean Shiels scoring the winner to get it right up the natives. The Motherwell game the weekend after we won the cup was class too, with Pasca on pitch with the cup and the well fans showing class that Killie fans will always remember.