Drogba Confirms He's Offski

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 Garywag

Garywag
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 02:48 PM

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/18152689

Fantastic footballer but hopefully buggers off to a country where we don't see much of him play acting all the time. For such a big strong lad he really was frustrating at times with his nonsense. If only he'd stuck to just playing football...

However on that note, his achievements at Chelsea have been pretty impressive.

Edited by Garywag, 22 May 2012 - 02:52 PM.

'It's an iron lung, it keeps me from dying.. I WANNA PLAY BASEBALL!!!!!'

#2 Garywag

Garywag
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 02:49 PM

*Ignore*

Edited by Garywag, 22 May 2012 - 02:51 PM.

#3 Parklife

Parklife
  • 26,872 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 02:50 PM

I'd rather watch Drogba than any Stoke player.

Fantastic footballer.

#4 aaid

aaid
  • 3,004 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 02:52 PM

Thanks for the memories Dids.

Probably the right time to go though. I expect quite a few more departures as well.
The owls are not what they seem

#5 Garywag

Garywag
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 02:53 PM

Could be time for Russian moneybags to open up his giant wallet and rebuild a Chelsea team with a new manager (should really be Di Matteo) also time for Torres to step up and show the player he can be.

#6 aaid

aaid
  • 3,004 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 03:20 PM

I'd expect Malouda, Bosingwa to go. Wouldn't be surprised to see Essien go as well as he's been a shadow of the player he was before his injuries. Mikel and Kalou will probably stay if Robbie gets the job.

We've already got Marko Marin and Kevin de Bruyne on pre-contracts.

We need a right back and central midfielder but wouldn't be surprised to see Lampard play as more of a holding midfielder as he did on Saturday to extend his career.

Up front they need to give Lukaku an opportunity to see if he is the new Lukaku. We should also expect more from Sturridge next year as well.

There's also some young boy in the reserves that look promising name of Feruz, you might have heard of him.

I'd expect no more than 2-3 major buys in the summer.
The owls are not what they seem

#7 GaryTA

GaryTA
  • Banned
  • 2,169 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 03:46 PM

Don't blame him following big bucks at his age. If the Chinese and Russians are insane enough to pay it then why not accept it?

#8 beermonkey

beermonkey
  • 153 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 03:48 PM

Ta ta ya cheatin big pile o shit !!!

#9 Parklife

Parklife
  • 26,872 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 04:06 PM

I'd expect Malouda, Bosingwa to go. Wouldn't be surprised to see Essien go as well as he's been a shadow of the player he was before his injuries. Mikel and Kalou will probably stay if Robbie gets the job.

We've already got Marko Marin and Kevin de Bruyne on pre-contracts.

We need a right back and central midfielder but wouldn't be surprised to see Lampard play as more of a holding midfielder as he did on Saturday to extend his career.

Up front they need to give Lukaku an opportunity to see if he is the new Lukaku. We should also expect more from Sturridge next year as well.

There's also some young boy in the reserves that look promising name of Feruz, you might have heard of him.

I'd expect no more than 2-3 major buys in the summer.

Rumours doing the rounds of Hazard also joining.

#10 Bzzzz

Bzzzz
  • 18,501 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 04:47 PM

Good riddence to bad rubbish. Cheating bunny rabbit.
Signatures are gay

#11 wembley67lisbon

wembley67lisbon
  • 10,151 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 04:54 PM

Great player.

Probably the best striker in the EPL since 2005.

Think if marseille had done better in ligue 1 he would have gone back there.

#12 Rab Kilmaurs Tartan Army

Rab Kilmaurs Tartan Army
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 05:08 PM

Sad day.great servant to chels.will always be a legend at the bridge.good luck DD.
Best goal a seen him score live....1 nil win over the scousers at the bridge,typical drogba,long ball up to him chested down on edge of the box and he swivelled and lashed it in the top corner!!!
Well apart from sat nites goal that is.

#13 ParisInAKilt

ParisInAKilt
  • 22,248 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 05:29 PM

Don't blame him following big bucks at his age. If the Chinese and Russians are insane enough to pay it then why not accept it?

Fair enough if he thinks he can't handle the epl for another season but if he's still fit etc I don't really get ending your career in obscurity, even if the money is insane

Great player and his record at Wembley is outstanding.
Pick it out Landreau

#14 Dalgety Bay TA

Dalgety Bay TA
  • 3,115 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 06:01 PM

Fair enough if he thinks he can't handle the epl for another season but if he's still fit etc I don't really get ending your career in obscurity, even if the money is insane

Great player and his record at Wembley is outstanding.

He does think he can handle the EPL, for another 2 seasons but Chelsea are not willing to give him that length of a deal. If they had offered him the deal he wanted he would be staying.

Great player who is incredibly frustrating at times. On his day he is unplayable as he has strength, speed, great touch and great finishing. And a big game player. His header on Saturday night was fantastic. But for someone of his size and strength to react to fouls in the way he does is very hard to watch at times. And unfortunately thats the impression he will leave in a lot of peoples minds rather than the fantastic player he actually is.

Also fair play to him for being at Chelsea for 8 years amongst many big name big image players and never once being tempted to change his hairdo from that greased back oily look. Not once. Its probably entirely water resistant now, a bit like a ducks arse. West London Brylcreem sellers will be crying into their big red smelly tubs of grease tonight.

#15 lau03143

lau03143
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 06:05 PM

He was the greatest of players and the worst of players.

Napoli at Stamford Bridge this season was a prime example.
..."This is our land, this is our Scotland, these are our people, these are our men, our works, our women and children: can you beat it?"
James Maxton, 1924...