Original 1978 Scotland World Cup Jersey

1978 Scotland Jersey World Cup Argentina Umbro Original

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 JohnInAthensGa

JohnInAthensGa
  • 21 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 01:34 AM

While getting ready for the game on Saturday, I remembered that my dad had given me an old Scotland jersey so I pulled it out and tried it on. Unfortunately, it's way too small ("OS MENS" is the size listed) so I started checking online for information about it and found out through discussions about the retro version that was released a few years ago (minus the Umbro diamonds on the sleeve) that this one is pretty rare.

I was wondering if anyone had an idea of it's value. It's not necessarily something that I would keep and frame and it will never fit me to wear so I was thinking about about putting it on eBay or finding a collector to sell it to but I don't want to get taken.

As someone who is interested in baseball jersey's etc, I can see that it's in excellent condition. The colors are true (the white color is white, for instance) and the Umbro logo is intact.

If anyone's got any advice or information, I'd appreciate it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by JohnInAthensGa, 23 May 2012 - 01:38 AM.

#2 Rab Kilmaurs Tartan Army

Rab Kilmaurs Tartan Army
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 09:35 PM

Al gee you 50 fur it.need it for the saltire bar.one of a few ive still to collect.

#3 ReekySporran

ReekySporran
  • 16,901 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 10:36 PM

I sold a mates one on ebay about 2 years ago, in similar (very good) condition and it made £120!
Tickets wanted: USA 98, Colombia 96, Malta 97, Denmark 96, Sweden 95, Greece 94, Estonia 93, Norway 92. http://www.scotlandprogrammes.co.uk

#4 JohnInAthensGa

JohnInAthensGa
  • 21 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 12:37 PM

Thanks, guys.

I'm not sure what I'll do with it yet, but it's good to know that it's worth keeping all these years!

(And I may get back to you about this, Rab).

Edited by JohnInAthensGa, 24 May 2012 - 12:39 PM.

#5 Return of Yermaw

Return of Yermaw
  • 1,647 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 02:26 PM

I've still got my 1982 away top. Original, medium. Straining a bit and clearly too tight whenever I feel confident enough to try it on.......

#6 Bzzzz

Bzzzz
  • 19,318 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 10:49 PM

I had a long sleeved one when I was wee... wish I still had it, I loved that jersey :(
Signatures are gay

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 1978, Scotland, Jersey, World Cup, Argentina, Umbro, Original