Photo

Should I Join The Scotland Supporters Club?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Crockett82

Crockett82
  • 2,351 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 09:53 AM

Thinking about it. How many tickets would I be guaranteed for Home games? Just one for myself or can I get another for a friend etc?

Cheers.

#2 wanderer

wanderer
  • 10,975 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 09:55 AM

1 ticket per member these days.
If you still use tippex
If you think Puma Clyde is the greatest trainer of ever
If Argentina 78 was your favourite world cup
If Watership Down makes you cry

come join Wanderer's Secret Society

#3 Crockett82

Crockett82
  • 2,351 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 10:01 AM

Ta. Will have a think about it.

#4 ParisInAKilt

ParisInAKilt
  • 22,846 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 10:04 AM

I would but I liked the security of knowing I was guaranteed a ticket for every game
Pick it out Landreau

#5 Parklife

Parklife
  • 27,826 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 10:37 AM

If you're not going to go to away games then it's a complete waste of money.

#6 portbhoypaddy

portbhoypaddy
  • Banned
  • 2,644 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 10:50 AM

I suppose it gives you piece of mind that should we have another Italy 2007 situation then you'd be sorted.

For this campaign though you're probably right

If you compare the advantages in resources that Scotland enjoys over Norway - better location, easier access to market, world-class technology across a range of sectors, a whisky industry with world renowned premium brands, top universities, easier geography, a huge global diaspora willing us to do well and a great global brand - we should be considering Norway as our start point, not our end point. The fact that our aspirations are so low is a sad indictment of what the Union has done for Scotland.

#7 vanderark14

vanderark14
  • 4,097 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 10:57 AM

I've renewed mine but I think it could be a massive waste of money. I am not confident at all about the upcoming campaign. We are destined for 4-5-1 every match which will be spearheaded by Kenny Miller

It’s little wonder to me that the No campaign wants to sandbag the debate at every turn, because if they become embroiled in an open discussion with the Yes campaign and the people of Scotland, their lies will unravel in an instant, just like they did for me and so many new Yes voters.

#8 tdhcami

tdhcami
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:02 PM

I got my membership this year for the first time, and although I always went to the home games anyway I was desperate to go away as well. In saying that, none of my pals joined so I'll need to find folk to go with! Any way of getting tickets for away matches for folk who aren't members?

#9 Robroysboy

Robroysboy
  • 2,121 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:57 PM

No, you have to be a member. Lots of TA attend the home end at away games, 99% of the time without any hassle. But in Macedonia it went t@ts up, Ukriane was also a bit scary if you were in the home end.

Edited by Robroysboy, 23 May 2012 - 07:57 PM.

https://www.youtube....h?v=0PcpeiJsADM

Alba GU Brath, vote YES.

#10 ruskojock1314

ruskojock1314
  • 85 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:30 PM

same as us this mine and me pals first year got in but already booked luxembourg, wales , macedonia, croatia just take a chance if we dont get tickets of sfa still be there get tickets somehow

#11 ZoltanBuchan

ZoltanBuchan
  • 2,984 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:36 PM

Any way of getting tickets for away matches for folk who aren't members?

I went to 3 away games, Paris, Iceland and Amsterdam, before the membership re-opened in 2010 and I joined. Got into all 3 of them in the home end no bother, but in Holland had to pay 100 Euros from a ticket agency. If I'd been a member and bought a Scotland end ticket, then my membership fee and away end face value ticket would still have been cheaper than what I paid for just the home end ticket. In effect, the membership would have more than paid for itself for that one game, plus we would have had the peace of mind about guaranteed entry (as it happens, quite a few folk with Dutch end tickets didn't get in).

I

Whisky, you're the devil, you're leadin' me astray, Over hills and mountains and to Amerikay
You're sweeter, stronger, decenter, you're spunkier than tae, O whisky, you're my darlin' drunk or sober

#12 wanderer

wanderer
  • 10,975 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:42 PM

No, you have to be a member. Lots of TA attend the home end at away games, 99% of the time without any hassle. But in Macedonia it went t@ts up, Ukriane was also a bit scary if you were in the home end.

And we are due to return to Macedonia, plus I would be very wary of being in the home end in Croatia and Serbia.
If you still use tippex
If you think Puma Clyde is the greatest trainer of ever
If Argentina 78 was your favourite world cup
If Watership Down makes you cry

come join Wanderer's Secret Society

#13 Rory

Rory
  • 560 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 10:14 PM

Member of the SSC but not got many away points but should be at all the away games, if your a member and you travel to likes of croatia and serbia you should be able to get away end ticket because 3,000+ wont travel i wouldnt think. Wales game for example will be easy to get in home end!

3 PEAKS CHALLENGE FOR THE TACC. FEEL FREE TO DONATE HERE...  :ok:

#14 bossman4

bossman4
  • 543 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 10:28 PM

At least this time with Macedonia they now have a 35,000 seater stadium
SCOTLAND FOREVER