David Templeton

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Tartan Tammy 1314

Tartan Tammy 1314
  • Banned
  • 2,370 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 11:22 AM

After watching the dismal display in the USA.I felt as if we got done done the wings far to much.I understand we had no Snodgrass or Forest.And feels that GMS is not ready yet.All these players provide the skill and tricks and pace to go bye defenders.I also believe that David Templeton has the same kind off flair.And we could have used him over there,as ample cover for the players that were injured.I watched Phillips and I am the first one on here,to defend our English born players.I felt that all he could do was run with the ball.And never showed any great degree off skill.OK it was his first cap.How ever I have watched him plenty off times for Blackpool.And believe that Templeton offers more as a footballer.

#2 Bzzzz

Bzzzz
  • 19,236 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 11:53 AM

I assume you mean "english" players as opposed to "english born"?
Signatures are gay

#3 Tartacus

Tartacus
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 11:37 PM

Phillips is too young and inexperienced and possibly no real interest in playing for Scotland. So, how about continuing the 'avoid Scots and play poor English players' policy and cap Boris Johnston. Play him on the wing (right). ?
Yorkshire born, Scottish bred - Strong in arm, strong in head.

#4 ProudScot

ProudScot
  • 2,155 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:11 AM

I assume you mean "english" players as opposed to "english born"?

Change the record Bzzzz!

Besides we are criticising Craig Levein and his terrible management at the moment and not talking about players and such like ;) If you can tie in your English comment to him and involve criticism in some way, shape or form - i'll be happy.....

#5 Bzzzz

Bzzzz
  • 19,236 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:11 AM

Templeton's not ready or on form. He didn't play through injury at the tail end of the season so quite understandable why he wasn't even in the squad.

I think it is unfair to judge Phillips on his first appearance, it's hardly as if anyone else (bar Broonie & KM) looked like they gave a flip, simple fact is tho that he seems already to have indicated his allegiance quite clearly.
Signatures are gay

#6 GhostZapper

GhostZapper
  • 4,475 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:15 AM

I'd love to see Templeton in the squad, but agree, he;s in the same point in his career as Mackay-steven. Slightly raw, but the potential is definitely there.

I think the midfeild we played in America was almost second string.... Surely come September, assuming everyone is fit and on form, you'd start Naismith wide left, Forrest wide right, with 3 of Morrison, Brown, Fletcher and Adam taking the 3 midfeild places.

#7 GaryTA

GaryTA
  • Banned
  • 2,169 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:57 AM

Watch him every week. He's not that good.

Ps Sergio agrees.

Edited by GaryTA, 05 June 2012 - 12:58 AM.