Photo

Rio Ferdinand / England Squad

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#16 beermonkey

beermonkey
  • 153 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:19 PM

Someone should explain to rio that he doesn't have a god-given right to be picked for his country, if you play well you get called up, it's a bonus.

Maybe that's what wrong these so called STARS, they expect to be called up, a game or two sitting at home might give a few of them the kick up the arse they need.

Rio's been shite all year & he's well past his best anyway.

#17 scotlad

scotlad
  • 4,328 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:28 PM

Someone should explain to rio that he doesn't have a god-given right to be picked for his country, if you play well you get called up, it's a bonus.

Maybe that's what wrong these so called STARS, they expect to be called up, a game or two sitting at home might give a few of them the kick up the arse they need.

Rio's been shite all year & he's well past his best anyway.

Really?!

Rio for England! :d
It's only funny until someone gets hurt... then it's hilarious

#18 Andy North Croy

Andy North Croy
  • 5,734 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:31 PM

Maybe it is down to the fact that the convicted drug cheat ,

this seems to be overlooked repeatedly, swept under the carpet......etc, etc....
Independence for North Croy.

#19 Bzzzz

Bzzzz
  • 18,454 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:14 PM

this seems to be overlooked repeatedly, swept under the carpet......etc, etc....

It's the Man U way.
Signatures are gay

#20 Jaggy Jim

Jaggy Jim
  • 209 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:51 PM

Once Terry was selected there was no way Ferdinand was going to be picked. Hodgson's comments about it being footballing reasons are obviously nonsense. Ferdinand's not the player he was but obviously a better option than some that are going to the finals.

#21 ParisInAKilt

ParisInAKilt
  • 22,235 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:52 PM

Once Terry was selected there was no way Ferdinand was going to be picked. Hodgson's comments about it being footballing reasons are obviously nonsense. Ferdinand's not the player he was but obviously a better option than some that are going to the finals.

That seems a reasonable conclusion
Pick it out Landreau

#22 Kirk

Kirk
  • 3,906 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 11:27 PM

Maybe it is down to the fact that the convicted drug cheat has a bad back, and Taggert told Roy that he couldnt play in all the 3 games.
If it is a footballing decision then picking Martin Kelly ahead of the drug cheat is quite correct

Aye but picking the racist ahead of anyone is just plain wrong! Terry is an utter scumbag and his champions league antics say it all. Hope someone snaps his leg at the finals!
Alba gu Brath

#23 Parklife

Parklife
  • 26,847 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:43 AM

Once Terry was selected there was no way Ferdinand was going to be picked. Hodgson's comments about it being footballing reasons are obviously nonsense.

The team playing shite because they all hate each other is a footballing reason.

#24 irnbruman

irnbruman
  • 2,624 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:47 AM

I still can't believe John Terry got changed into his strip and shin guards after being banned for the final and lifted the cup, i thought it was a wind up.

I saw a tweet where someone was going on about how they get changed into a full chef uniform and carve and serve the roast after his wife spends 3 hours cooking it all.

The man has no shame - next thing is he'll be turning up in a mate's bedroom ready to sh*g his bird after his mate has done all the foreplay.

#25 Flure

Flure
  • 22,893 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:53 AM

Apparently he was taking part in the Jubilee concert last night.

Posted Image

Fancy treating yourself to a self-catering break on the majestic Isle of Skye? www.skyeluxurycottage.com

#26 Martin63

Martin63
  • 882 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:04 AM

I still can't believe John Terry got changed into his strip and shin guards after being banned for the final and lifted the cup, i thought it was a wind up.

I saw a tweet where someone was going on about how they get changed into a full chef uniform and carve and serve the roast after his wife spends 3 hours cooking it all.

That was the ultimate. How the hell that was allowed I do not know. At that moment I thought "I don't know if I like this sport any more".

I was at the game on Oct 23rd when Terry abused Ferdinand and for the whole saga to have been dragged out this long reflects very badly on the Police. It's a court case that should have been held months ago and clearly it was not because the English FA wanted him available for Euro 2012 and certain ears were whispered into.

As has been mentioned on other threads there really is none of the usual cringeworthy build up for these finals in England (thank god) and I do think the John Terry business has a lot to do with it. The only people I know who have anything positive to say about Terry are Chelsea fans due to some misguided sense of loyalty.

#27 Flure

Flure
  • 22,893 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:28 AM

for the whole saga to have been dragged out this long reflects very badly on the Police.

The Police will have done their job and completed their investigation and sent their findings to the English equivalent of the Procurator Fiscal. It's for them to bring it to court, not the Police.

Fancy treating yourself to a self-catering break on the majestic Isle of Skye? www.skyeluxurycottage.com

#28 phart

phart
  • 19,106 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:32 AM

The Police will have done their job and completed their investigation and sent their findings to the English equivalent of the Procurator Fiscal. It's for them to bring it to court, not the Police.

Indeed

It was the judge who made the call citing their would be too many football witnesses to interview during the season. Hence it was pushed back on that technicality, i think it gives us a wee peek into the neutrality of the justice courts in London.
“To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”

#29 lau03143

lau03143
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:07 AM

He's done it to try to keep a harmonious squad. But as long as Terry is in it, it won't be, as as far as I'm aware, he splits opinion just as much in the England set up as he does with the fans.

He shouldn't be going, not with his racism charge still outstanding.
..."This is our land, this is our Scotland, these are our people, these are our men, our works, our women and children: can you beat it?"
James Maxton, 1924...

#30 George Saint

George Saint
  • 571 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:08 PM

He shouldn't be going, not with his racism charge still outstanding.

Whatever you think about John Terry, surely it should be innocent until proven guilty?
With hope in our hearts, and wings on our heels.