Photo

How Will Your Club Vote On The Newco?

• Please log in to reply
442 replies to this topic

#241 davyb

davyb
  • 1,226 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 06:28 PM

All top flight clubs in Scotland have lived beyond their means to a certain extent and thats why nearly all of them have so much debt.

It's only in the recent past that they have reigned in and tried to live within their means

You could argue that if the same amount of credit had been made available to them by the banks then they would be in just the same position

The turnover at Rangers allowed them to get ridicuously large amount of credit

You could also argue that clubs that rely on income from the OF are being mismanaged

I kind of agree with some of this, but.......

some clubs appear to have lived beyond their means but so long as they keep paying their bills they haven't. You can argue they should have not spent all their dough in one go, then spent years skint paying it back but thats up to them. You've only lived beyond your means when your bankrupt. Everything else is just speculation.

Some clubs would argue they lived within their means but then the Setanta deal collapsed. They would argue that it was an unforeseen catastrophic event and they are handling it but it is tough. I would agree broadly with that argument.

I am sick of hearing idiots say my own club Killie are 'on the brink' and spent beyond their means. Whilst some clubs spent their money on useless foreign players we built a hotel which generates £2M-£2.5M per year - this has frequently seemed daft and random but the more we reduce our debt and the more time I spend in it the more I think it may turn out to be an excellent idea.....

Where you hit the bullseye is with your last comment- the ONLY reason to admit (t)RFC into the SPL is to perpetuate dependance on this daft model that we all rely on the OF for income. The sooner we break that dependance the better for all..

#242 Bzzzz

Bzzzz
  • 19,249 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 06:46 PM

I agree, if this is the straw that breaks the camels back and pulls Scottish football back within its means then so be it.
Signatures are gay

#243 Flat Earth

Flat Earth
  • 13,475 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 07:15 PM

You could also argue that clubs that rely on income from the OF are being mismanaged

Totally agree.
iAYE we can!

#244 ZoltanBuchan

ZoltanBuchan
  • 2,984 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 07:49 PM

If,as has been suggested, that other SPL clubs, Hearts or Aberdeen say, go bust without new Rangers in the SPL, then so be it. They too can start again in SFL 3. Can't really see home attendances going down - supporters will turn out to watch a winning team with a genuine chance of silverware no matter what league they are in. Away fans get to visit a whole host of new grounds, and clubs will finally be forced to live within their means.

Whisky, you're the devil, you're leadin' me astray, Over hills and mountains and to Amerikay
You're sweeter, stronger, decenter, you're spunkier than tae, O whisky, you're my darlin' drunk or sober

#245 NORF 'C'

NORF 'C'
  • 250 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 10:39 AM

Surely the OLD FIRM doesn't exsist now as its NEW Rangers surely this is now the NEW FIRM oh hang on ?

#246 GavfaeKillie

GavfaeKillie
  • 141 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 12:04 PM

Surely the OLD FIRM doesn't exsist now as its NEW Rangers surely this is now the NEW FIRM oh hang on ?

Does this mean that Aberdeen and Dundee United are now the new "Old Firm"???

#247 Lamia

Lamia
  • 8,529 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 12:45 PM

If,as has been suggested, that other SPL clubs, Hearts or Aberdeen say, go bust without new Rangers in the SPL, then so be it. They too can start again in SFL 3. Can't really see home attendances going down - supporters will turn out to watch a winning team with a genuine chance of silverware no matter what league they are in. Away fans get to visit a whole host of new grounds, and clubs will finally be forced to live within their means.

:ok:

From which we'll rise, over love, over hate through this Iron Sky that's fast becoming our mind. Over fear into freedom. - Paolo Nutini

#248 phart

phart
  • 19,641 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 01:02 PM

It basically means subconsciously kidding yourself on so you don't have to face up to reality. The brain will go to extraordinary lengths to refuse to accept things it doesn't like. Or something like that. I'm not always sure what phart is on about! :lol:

(I think he posts in his sleep sometimes).

It's when you have to contradictory thoughts(Cognitions) in your head, it causes emotions and sensation ("qualia" they are called) that we find unpleasant or do not wish to feel, so therefore we alter or replace one of the thoughts (cognitions) to remove this. It's not subconscious it's fully conscious as it deals with thoughts you are thinking about not ones under the radar.

For example David Murray is dignified and has Rangers best interest at heart. Alex Thomson shows some contradictory stuff which when read causes cognitive dissonance (he sold rangers to Whyte for a pound to get out) this creates qualia which we dont want to experience. Here is where it gets funny, there are many ways to reduce the cognitive dissonance and different humans will do it different ways, the humour is how it is dispelled.

Thomson is an PIRA sympathiser as opposed to well Murray like most other millionaires is protecting his own assets by placing them above Rangers in the survival list.

#249 tam4ritchie

tam4ritchie
  • 4,954 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 01:03 PM

Can someone tell me why new rangers are getting a vote?

#250 Scunnered

Scunnered
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 01:16 PM

Can someone tell me why new rangers are getting a vote?

They aren't. Oldco are, they still have the share.
Yes to Independence
Naw to SNP

#251 ninja-lewis

ninja-lewis
  • 414 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 01:50 PM

Article 6: A Share may only be issued, allotted, transferred to or held by a person who is the owner and operator of a Club and if a Member shall cease to be the owner and operator of a Club then such Member shall cease to be entitled to hold a Share.

Now either:

Rangers Football Club PLC (in administration) is still a football club (with all the trappings of a football club - players, ground, etc) and Sevco 5088 Limited cannot be a football club (since it has none of the trappings of a football club). Therefore the PLC cannot apply to transfer its share to Sevco since Sevco is not a football club.

or

Sevco 5088 Limited is a football club (complete with the trappings of a football club) but the PLC is not (since it has transferred those trappings to the Sevco). Therefore the PLC is ineligible to hold a share and cannot take part in the vote.

They surely cannot both be football clubs as that would mean sharing the assets - which must be against SPL/SFA/UEFA/FIFA rules.
We do not negotiate with Cricketers.

#252 Langtonian

Langtonian
  • 1,861 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 01:59 PM

totally lost here.who owns oldco and who would vote if green has set up a newco? :blink:

#253 thewolf_1980

thewolf_1980
  • 7,004 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 02:10 PM

totally lost here.who owns oldco and who would vote if green has set up a newco? :blink:

Oldco still exists currently. The liquidators have the vote. I think.
Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose...

#254 Langtonian

Langtonian
  • 1,861 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 03:18 PM

i know the oldco exists but who owns it?liquidator as far as i`m aware are not officially in place,if so it begs the question who votes

#255 Scunnered

Scunnered
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 03:33 PM

They're still in administration so D&P will cast the vote.
Yes to Independence
Naw to SNP