Gordon Strachan

Next manager? thoughts

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 Matty16

Matty16
  • 264 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 05:38 PM

Watching the euros with Strachan as pundit and listing to him has me thinking he would ideal as our next manager. He has far more of clue than any other other pundits they wheel in, the things he says in analysis of the game are very asstute and well thought out. In his time at celtic he made them hard to beat and well organised aswell as building a great team spirit. The only down side to his time at celtic was that the football wasn't always the prettiest, that being said for the majority of his tenure it was effective which i'm everyone will agree is what we want results and qualification instead of beautiful football. My main point is that if we want to go somewhere in the future I think he is the only candidate (out of the ones we could afford) that fits the bill. Thoughts?

#2 Crockett82

Crockett82
  • 2,351 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 05:43 PM

I would take him as manager right now. Always been a fan. Premiership and Champions League experience and commands respect in the game.

#3 Matty16

Matty16
  • 264 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 05:49 PM

reckon he is far more tactically astute than Levein as well. Problem is I reckon he'd ruffle a few feathers in the SFA and they wouldn't be keen on that.

#4 aaid

aaid
  • 3,004 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 05:58 PM

reckon he is far more tactically astute than Levein as well. Problem is I reckon he'd ruffle a few feathers in the SFA and they wouldn't be keen on that.

This always cracks me up that some how the SFA will only go for a manager that I somehow a yes man or one of the boys.

Remind what manager was it that refused to pay a fine and threatened to take the SFA to court.

As for Strachan, he is a complete hypocrite. As a manager he can barely disguise his contempt for the media. When he's between jobs he's more than happy to take their money.

He's a tosser
The owls are not what they seem

#5 Matty16

Matty16
  • 264 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 06:01 PM

This always cracks me up that some how the SFA will only go for a manager that I somehow a yes man or one of the boys.

Remind what manager was it that refused to pay a fine and threatened to take the SFA to court.

As for Strachan, he is a complete hypocrite. As a manager he can barely disguise his contempt for the media. When he's between jobs he's more than happy to take their money.

He's a tosser

So do you reckon he would be seriously considered when Levein leaves the post? Based on his ability as a manager would you take him?

#6 aaid

aaid
  • 3,004 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 06:03 PM

No

#7 Matty16

Matty16
  • 264 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 06:07 PM

:-))
Fair enough. I take that covers both my questions. Who would your choice be then?

#8 wembley67lisbon

wembley67lisbon
  • 10,307 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 06:30 PM

Yes to scotland.

#9 wanday

wanday
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 06:33 PM

I'd take him as well.

#10 aaid

aaid
  • 3,004 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 06:36 PM

:-))
Fair enough. I take that covers both my questions. Who would your choice be then?

Depends completely on when Levein leaves the job and who is available then.

#11 Bzzzz

Bzzzz
  • 19,236 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 06:52 PM

I'd quite happily take one of the fleas aff his Maws dug instead of the current manager.
Signatures are gay

#12 fringo

fringo
  • 5,920 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 07:48 PM

No

Izzit 'coz he's ginger ?
"They laughed when I said I wanted to be a comedian. Well, they're not laughing now."

#13 Barney Rubble

Barney Rubble
  • 2,832 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:33 PM

Watching the euros with Strachan as pundit and listing to him has me thinking he would ideal as our next manager. He has far more of clue than any other other pundits they wheel in, the things he says in analysis of the game are very asstute and well thought out. In his time at celtic he made them hard to beat and well organised aswell as building a great team spirit. The only down side to his time at celtic was that the football wasn't always the prettiest, that being said for the majority of his tenure it was effective which i'm everyone will agree is what we want results and qualification instead of beautiful football. My main point is that if we want to go somewhere in the future I think he is the only candidate (out of the ones we could afford) that fits the bill. Thoughts?

Strachan's record as a manager - won 3 (?) SPL titles, last 16 of Champions league x 2 (including being eliminated by the eventual winners in ET 2007)

Levein's record as a manager - won nothing, done nothing in UEFA tournaments.

Levein's record as Scotland manager so far is unacceptable - that much we all (?) agree on.

There's no discussion.
Dhe faliminderit!

#14 big_matt

big_matt
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:34 PM

I reckon Strachan and Levein should fight in the octagon for the job. Strachan could headbutt Levein in the baws.

#15 big_matt

big_matt
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:35 PM

Strachan's record as a manager - won 3 (?) SPL titles, last 16 of Champions league x 2 (including being eliminated by the eventual winners in ET 2007)

Levein's record as a manager - won nothing, done nothing in UEFA tournaments.

Levein's record as Scotland manager so far is unacceptable - that much we all (?) agree on.

There's no discussion.

Levein is making 'progress' tho.