Best Fans

Not any more

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#1 Doric

Doric
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:04 AM

Can we still call our selfs the best fans in the world ? I think those days are over now. Failure to qualify since 98 has made us almost forgotten and we are now down to about 2 songs as well. Listened to Ireland game last night and the atmosphere sounded terriffic and it was non stop singing with a huge variety of songs. Surely the Irish have taken our title off us. We need to qualify again and get more songs !!!!!!
How can we call our selfs patriotic when the majority of Scots want to be ruled by another country?

#2 PASTA Mick

PASTA Mick
  • 12,872 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:24 AM

Don't Ireland just use all Celtic's songs?

Depends what you look for in your fans. I always have a lot of admiration for the handful of people that follow San Marino around Europe.

PASTA (Preston and Surroundings Tartan Army)
www.yesscotland.net

#3 ParisInAKilt

ParisInAKilt
  • 22,843 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:29 AM

It's not really important whether we are classed as the best fans in the world. Although I have huge respect for the people who follow Scotland all over the world, they deserve a tournament
Pick it out Landreau

#4 WillfaeSwindon

WillfaeSwindon
  • 6,487 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:42 AM

Can we still call our selfs the best fans in the world ? I think those days are over now. Failure to qualify since 98 has made us almost forgotten and we are now down to about 2 songs as well. Listened to Ireland game last night and the atmosphere sounded terriffic and it was non stop singing with a huge variety of songs. Surely the Irish have taken our title off us. We need to qualify again and get more songs !!!!!!

Ive only heard one song, but it did sound good. :blink:

$FA - Shafting Fans Again!

#5 peever1745

peever1745
  • 5,583 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:49 AM

We are so bad that even the Angolans take the pish out of Scotland.
A difference of opinion does not make one a bigot.

#6 Cove_Sheep

Cove_Sheep
  • 29,351 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:59 AM

Yet another daft thread having a go at Scotland supporters from Celtic fan Doris.

#7 Dillinger

Dillinger
  • 1,993 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 09:23 AM

To my mind the Dutch are the best in the world, anyway.
"But I can't understand why we let someone else rule our land, cap in hand"

#8 mariokempes56

mariokempes56
  • 8,982 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 09:31 AM

To my mind the Dutch are the best in the world, anyway.

Ye serious ? I thought they were (generally) arrogant in the extreme.

#9 Matty16

Matty16
  • 264 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 09:58 AM

I think our status is being affected by the negativity that has surrounded the national team for the last 4 year under two duffer managers. Ive noticed the atmosphere isn't as good as it was a few years ago.

#10 ParisInAKilt

ParisInAKilt
  • 22,843 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:03 AM

I think our status is being affected by the negativity that has surrounded the national team for the last 4 year under two duffer managers. Ive noticed the atmosphere isn't as good as it was a few years ago.

Completely agree, home games anyway, noticed it at Norway 2008. Although I disagree that it's affecting our status, which isn't really important anyway. It's also worth pointing out that the negativity is justified, most of the time
Pick it out Landreau

#11 Parklife

Parklife
  • 27,802 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:06 AM

"Best fans"

Who gives a flip?

Deary me, i don't give a toss how good a support Scotland has, what i care about is how good a team they have.

#12 northernscum

northernscum
  • 6,755 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:27 AM

We are so bad that even the Angolans take the pish out of Scotland.

Do you not mean the Anglos who are taking the pish :d

"There are no prisoners of war, only traitors"

Independence day 24/03/2016

#13 portbhoypaddy

portbhoypaddy
  • Banned
  • 2,644 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:58 AM

"Best fans"

Who gives a flip?

Deary me, i don't give a toss how good a support Scotland has, what i care about is how good a team they have.

I'd agree with that, as long as we have a support that behaves itself and backs the team then who cares if other people see us as the "best fans" ?

If you compare the advantages in resources that Scotland enjoys over Norway - better location, easier access to market, world-class technology across a range of sectors, a whisky industry with world renowned premium brands, top universities, easier geography, a huge global diaspora willing us to do well and a great global brand - we should be considering Norway as our start point, not our end point. The fact that our aspirations are so low is a sad indictment of what the Union has done for Scotland.

#14 big_matt

big_matt
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:06 AM

I'd agree with that, as long as we have a support that behaves itself and backs the team then who cares if other people see us as the "best fans" ?

Yep.

#15 ReekySporran

ReekySporran
  • 16,901 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:26 AM

Can we still call our selfs the best fans in the world ? I think those days are over now.

Who cares? did anyone ever care? back the team and respect the country yer visiting are the only two requirements for following Scotland I would have thought. If someone else subsequently deems that this makes you "the best" woo hoo..........
Tickets wanted: USA 98, Colombia 96, Malta 97, Denmark 96, Sweden 95, Greece 94, Estonia 93, Norway 92. http://www.scotlandprogrammes.co.uk