Photo

Time For A Hampden Upgrade?

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#1 Crockett82

Crockett82
  • 2,351 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 10:39 AM

I know it can't happen until after the 2014 Commonwealth Games but anyone agree that its time they rebuild three sections of Hampden to match the South Stand, take the capicity to 70,000 and have the same colour seats all round the stadium? My OCD kicks in looking at the different coloured seats! :-))

#2 Cove_Sheep

Cove_Sheep
  • 29,219 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 10:42 AM

No.

We don't need 70,000 seats.

#3 Mark frae Crieff

Mark frae Crieff
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 10:45 AM

Why redo Hampden again when a new Stadia would be cheaper and if located outside central Glasgow would be easier to access.

i believe only Smarties have the answer..............

#4 kmcca5

kmcca5
  • 2,374 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 10:50 AM

Someone starts a thread like this about every three months and it’s the same every time. Answer is No, 52.000 is enough for where Scotland are as a footballing nation at the moment. END OF STORY.

#5 scottincarlisle

scottincarlisle
  • 1,756 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 10:59 AM

My OCD kicks in looking at the different coloured seats! :-))

Would tartan seats be a problem?
Will be lucky to fill Hampden this campaign as it is.

SCOTTISH CUFF LINKS AVAILABLE AT   

https://www.etsy.com...leSilverFingers  :ok:

#6 thewolf_1980

thewolf_1980
  • 6,994 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 11:12 AM

Why redo Hampden again when a new Stadia would be cheaper and if located outside central Glasgow would be easier to access.

It would only be easier to access if you lived outwith the southside of Glasgow though...
Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose...

#7 Cove_Sheep

Cove_Sheep
  • 29,219 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 11:13 AM

It would only be easier to access if you lived outwith the southside of Glasgow though...

How bloody selfish are you.

You don't want shot of Levein because you'd need to buy tickets and now this...

#8 thewolf_1980

thewolf_1980
  • 6,994 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 11:15 AM

How bloody selfish are you.

You don't want shot of Levein because you'd need to buy tickets and now this...

Walking to Hampden is pretty much the only exercise I get so if it moved, I'd turn into a fatty and Scunny wouldn't fancy me any more. ;)
Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose...

#9 northernscum

northernscum
  • 6,696 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 11:20 AM

Would tartan seats be a problem?
Will be lucky to fill Hampden this campaign as it is.

I could do you a really good deal on Tartan paint. :wink2:

"There are no prisoners of war, only traitors"

Independence day 24/03/2016

#10 ReekySporran

ReekySporran
  • 16,901 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 11:26 AM

Someone starts a thread like this about every three months and it’s the same every time. Answer is No, 52.000 is enough for where Scotland are as a footballing nation at the moment. END OF STORY.

Does the capitals make it true?

Hampden needs either rebuilt or demolished, its not fit for the purpose anymore, South Stand apart.

Not too fussed about increasing the capacity further although 60k would help get Euro Finals, I'd rather we got on with rebuilding the other three sides similar to the South Stand. Commonwealth Legacy? as far as the main stadium is concerned, none, and it will likely become a decrepit shytehole again as it once was.
Tickets wanted: USA 98, Colombia 96, Malta 97, Denmark 96, Sweden 95, Greece 94, Estonia 93, Norway 92. http://www.scotlandprogrammes.co.uk

#11 Bzzzz

Bzzzz
  • 19,229 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 11:57 AM

What about our amazing olympic legacy too? all the money from that could go to a nice shiny new stadium no?
Signatures are gay

#12 Ally Bear

Ally Bear
  • 2,408 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 11:57 AM

When i was at the Hampden Tour last week the guide informed us that the first 8 rows of seats all round the stadium will be taken out and a running track built for the Commonwealth games

I think the cost was in the region of £6 million to do this and then to put it back the way it was

The SFA will not pay proper money to get a proper manager

Maybe when we have that along with a team worthy of a Hampden upgrade then maybe we can think about it
"A Noble Spirit Embiggens the Smallest Man"

"The Bird is the Word"

"If your so keen on normalizing something, why don't you start with your face?"

#13 Bzzzz

Bzzzz
  • 19,229 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 12:04 PM

Don't think the SFA are paying for that the happen but in the grand scheme of things, if you are looking at amounts of money being spent on other stuff, I agree. We deserve better and should expect our money to be spent more wisely. Whilst Hampden is ran a business, it would be nice for the national side to be treated with a bit more respect.

Edited by Bzzzz, 24 June 2012 - 12:05 PM.

Signatures are gay

#14 albathebrave

albathebrave
  • 2,489 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 12:12 PM

We all paid for the new wembley through our taxes, apart from rangers of course. We in this country have hampden which in my view is a third rate stadium compared to wembley or the millenium stadium.

Yes

#15 Bzzzz

Bzzzz
  • 19,229 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 12:30 PM

We all paid for the new wembley through our taxes, apart from rangers of course. We in this country have hampden which in my view is a third rate stadium compared to wembley or the millenium stadium.

Yet another dividend of the glorious union.
Signatures are gay