Photo

Could Levein Have Been Right?!

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#1 Saltire Stetson

Saltire Stetson
  • 75 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 07:13 PM

I've just heard the BBC commentators describe Spains formation as a 6-4-0, I almost fell off my chair:-o

#2 northernscum

northernscum
  • 6,707 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 07:16 PM

:blink: It's hardly new news, they've played it in the last couple of games.

"There are no prisoners of war, only traitors"

Independence day 24/03/2016

#3 Mark frae Crieff

Mark frae Crieff
  • 2,254 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 07:17 PM

as it should be 4-6-0.. But they have players that can attack and score... and it is used to attack the game.

i believe only Smarties have the answer..............

#4 ParisInAKilt

ParisInAKilt
  • 22,738 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 07:19 PM

Fabregras is essentially playing as a forward
Pick it out Landreau

#5 Saltire Stetson

Saltire Stetson
  • 75 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 07:20 PM

I thought I had heard it before but just didnae want tae believe it, as the nightmare would be that he might consider doing again:@

#6 WillfaeSwindon

WillfaeSwindon
  • 6,483 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 07:27 PM

Its not 4-6-0 though is it? Its 4-3-3 with an attacking midfielder through the middle.

$FA - Shafting Fans Again!

#7 Fairbairn

Fairbairn
  • 7,190 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 07:27 PM

There's a difference between not playing with a forward and not playing a forward.

There must be lights burning brighter, somewhere...

#8 brant grebner

brant grebner
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 07:29 PM

There's a difference between not playing with a forward and not playing a forward.

With Levein though, it was just not playing forward

#9 Barney Rubble

Barney Rubble
  • 2,835 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 07:37 PM

With Levein though, it was just not playing

Fixed it for you Brant,
Dhe faliminderit!

#10 chrome

chrome
  • 197 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 07:39 PM

The Spanish 4-6-0 has about as much in common with Levein's line-up as a sparkling diamond has with a steaming turd. Both were conceived with totally different ideas on how to play the game; one with a fluid forward line, no targetman, controlling the midfield and looking for chinks in the opposition's defensive armour, the other concerned with camping it out and kicking the ball away as hard as possible.

#11 big_matt

big_matt
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 07:42 PM

Is this seriously a thread comparing Leveins 'tactics' in Prague with the way Spain are playing tonight?

#12 ReekySporran

ReekySporran
  • 16,901 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 07:46 PM

The Spanish 4-6-0 has about as much in common with Levein's line-up as a sparkling diamond has with a steaming turd. Both were conceived with totally different ideas on how to play the game; one with a fluid forward line, no targetman, controlling the midfield and looking for chinks in the opposition's defensive armour, the other concerned with camping it out and kicking the ball away as hard as possible.

They are both the same concept, it's churlish to imply otherwise.

The difference being that the Spaniards have the players to actually make it work and some of them play a similar system at Barcelona, it's exceptionally difficult to master.

We on the other hand never had and probably never will have the players to make it work. It was the football equivalent of jumping into your Fiesta, putting on the shades, and pretending you're driving a Ferrari.
Tickets wanted: USA 98, Colombia 96, Malta 97, Denmark 96, Sweden 95, Greece 94, Estonia 93, Norway 92. http://www.scotlandprogrammes.co.uk

#13 Barney Rubble

Barney Rubble
  • 2,835 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 07:53 PM

Levein must be delighted at the rubbing his ego gets every time 4-6-0 and Spain or Barcelona gets mentioned alongside his name.

Italy fire Lippi, and go out of their way to hire a guy with a track record in Serie A.

We fire Burley and go out of our way to find a job for a hapless non-entity who thinks anyone born in England is a better prospect than Craig Beattie, Steven Fletcher or Stephen Dobbie,
Dhe faliminderit!

#14 brant grebner

brant grebner
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 07:57 PM

They are both the same concept, it's churlish to imply otherwise.

The difference being that the Spaniards have the players to actually make it work and some of them play a similar system at Barcelona, it's exceptionally difficult to master.

We on the other hand never had and probably never will have the players to make it work. It was the football equivalent of jumping into your Fiesta, putting on the shades, and pretending you're driving a Ferrari.

Which to be fair, is something that Levein does on a daily basis.

He's also on record manually as winding down all the windows and opening the sunroof, then honking at group of fat 14 year old lasses and asking them what they think of his convertible.

All the while with wheels mounted on bricks and the car sat in his drive way.

#15 sonofoi

sonofoi
  • 1,479 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 08:06 PM

Could Levein have been right? No never. For the reasons above. Mind he started Mackie Morrison & Dorrans! And brought on Robson & Miller! That'll show them! & Iwelmo I think!

Scots Wha Hae. Scots, wha hae wi' Wallace bled, Scots wham Bruce has aften led. Welcome to your gory bed or to victorie! I fought the law and I won!