Cove_Sheep
  • 29,244 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 07:27 AM

Here we go again...

#2 suriarte

suriarte
  • 30 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 07:34 AM

Could you not have put this in one of the other 20 threads you've started on this subject?

#3 Parklife

Parklife
  • 27,577 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 07:40 AM

Could you not have put this in one of the other 20 threads you've started on this subject?

Posted Image

#4 Bzzzz

Bzzzz
  • 19,249 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 07:47 AM

Aye, very good Giggs. Will ye no just retire and flip off!?
Signatures are gay

#5 irnbruman

irnbruman
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 07:47 AM

Worth a thread on its own. The danger here is if these khunts do well then there will be a clamour for more of this nonsense. Personally I'm sick of all this "Britishness" at the mo. Even Bradley Wiggins who is English and I like him as well is being touted as British.

#6 Bzzzz

Bzzzz
  • 19,249 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 07:53 AM

I agree, absolutely sick to blinking death of "british" pish. It's gone totally over board with all this shite this year, fingers crossed it will push fowk in the opposite direction but it's become grating. My goodwill went out the window a long time ago. Trouble is the media, which is in the majority english, is absolutely lapping it up and ramming it down our throats.

The sooner all this flag waving pish is over the better.
Signatures are gay

#7 Cove_Sheep

Cove_Sheep
  • 29,244 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 07:56 AM

By wishing this will continue is Giggs either:

1 - Hoping the Olmypics is almost always in England?

or

2 - Calling for the abolition of the national teams of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales?

#8 PASTA Mick

PASTA Mick
  • 12,809 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 08:06 AM

Hopefully things will go our way in 2014 and we can sit back and let Wales and England play together every 4 years. Would be nice to see Scotland qualify too.

PASTA (Preston and Surroundings Tartan Army)
www.yesscotland.net

#9 beefham

beefham
  • 1,016 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:26 AM

Like I said weeks ago, Wales don't have the same outlook as us. They have a history of being England's lackies. Stuff them

#10 binobear

binobear
  • 418 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 11:23 AM

a guy that does Yoga and pumps his sister

#11 beefham

beefham
  • 1,016 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 11:30 AM

Hope they have their England and Wales football squad and they are in bliss together. Both are welcome to each other. We want no truck with it

#12 Tartan Eagle

Tartan Eagle
  • 729 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 11:36 AM

Giggs - cheated on his wife, his brother, his country - great footballer but poor judgement

Bellamy - "I would love to be involved [in the opening ceremony] but I'm 33 so I will have to see how my legs are.....if i do feel worse for wear, I won't be there"
Poor boy - wonder how Stuart Pearce feels about that? And how will Giggs manage being 6 years older?

Alternatively, maybe Bellamy's judgement is better than Giggs' and he doesn't see Olympic football in quite the same "pinnacle-of-my-career" light as his captain?

WGS - restoring pride......and making it fun again. Am I looking forward to 2014? YES   

#13 wanderer

wanderer
  • 10,777 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 11:41 AM

Worth a thread on its own. The danger here is if these khunts do well then there will be a clamour for more of this nonsense. Personally I'm sick of all this "Britishness" at the mo. Even Bradley Wiggins who is English and I like him as well is being touted as British.

They got beat by Mexico in a bounce game the other night, and apparently a fair chunk of the Spanish euro side want to be involved in this tournement, so no looking great fro Team GB :ok:

Best thing for us is they do not get out the group stages, and any excitement for this is killed off there and then!
If you still use tippex
If you think Puma Clyde is the greatest trainer of ever
If Argentina 78 was your favourite world cup
If Watership Down makes you cry

come join Wanderer's Secret Society

#14 tam4ritchie

tam4ritchie
  • 4,954 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 11:42 AM

I thought one of the reasons this was a one off was because you need to qualify for the Olympic finals?Only way it would happen is if all four "home nations" amalgamated permanently.Is this what giggs wants?Another fvcing idiot

#15 Tartan Eagle

Tartan Eagle
  • 729 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 11:49 AM

A contingent from Spain's euro team, together with a Brazil squad likely to include Neymar, Thiago Silva and Hulk?

No problem for an E & W select featuring a "leggy" Bellamy and a group of no-names :wink2:

WGS - restoring pride......and making it fun again. Am I looking forward to 2014? YES