Photo

Tartan Army Youth Development Award

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 Administrator

Administrator
  • Admin
  • 12,381 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 12:06 PM

The following bids have been received for the Tartan Army Youth Development Award. They are listed in the order they were received.

Closing date is Tuesday 19th June at 8pm.

#2 Administrator

Administrator
  • Admin
  • 12,381 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 12:07 PM

Bid 1

Our 1996 North Kelvin Utd team are hoping to go on from 7 a side to 11 a side in august and we need new strips as a result which come in at 330 including logo print.

Also, we are looking to put in a new 7 a side team for kids born in 1999 in August and need strips for them which will cost 250 with logo print.

Do you think that this is what they are looking for? Our club website is http://www.NGFDG.co.uk and more information can be gleamed from there.

I would be grateful if you could put a bid in on our behalf. Our club is full of kids from deprived area in Maryhill, Ruchill, Springburn etc so we have to do a lot of fundraising as parents simply cant afford to shell out large sums of money.

#3 Administrator

Administrator
  • Admin
  • 12,381 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 12:07 PM

Bid 2

I am writing regarding your invite on the Tartan Army Message Board to apply for funding to assist grassroots football. I would like to apply for some financial assistance for the Kilbirnie Community Football Club under 7s via the TA Youth Development Award.

I coach the Kilbirnie Community Football Club u7 side and we are due to enter our first league in August, when we move up to under 8 level. Kilbirnie Community Football Club are recipients of the SFA Quality Mark Development Award and currently have 15 member teams, of which my team is the youngest.

We are undertaking our own fundraising, however I would you to consider a request for the sum of 250.00. This would enable us to purchase a rainjacket for each of the boys, which I'm sure you'll agree, will be very useful when battling the elements of the unpredictable Scottish weather throughout the season.

For further information about Kilbirnie Community Football Club please check our website:
http://www.kilbirniecommunityfc.co.uk

#4 Administrator

Administrator
  • Admin
  • 12,381 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 12:08 PM

Bid 3

I help run Bridge of Earn under 12's, a youth football team in Perth. We have brought the boys up from under 9 football and plan to take them right thru the grades.

We play all over Perthshire every week, Kinross, Bankfoot, Auchterarder and more.

Running a young football team is very demanding especially when it comes to raising money by getting sponsorship so any help in that department is very much appreciated.

The committee and the management team are all football nuts and can boast of season tickets at Tyncastle, Celtic Park and McDiarmid, but we all pull together for the young lads. Out of a squad of 16 players, 10 of the boys are season ticket holders at the above 3 grounds also.

We took the boys to the Georgia match last month and assuming we can get tickets we will be taking them to the Lithuania match later in the year.

A few of the young boys also travel abroad to see Scotland too, 3 of them have booked up for France later this year.

We plan to get the boys new strips in August for the start of next season, at their age they grow out of their strips very quickly and we do have to replace them almost every season.

Having the Tartan Army message board on our strips would be a superb honour especially when playing in tournaments south of the border, we are planning a tournament down south in September. The team photo is often in the local paper and having the TA logo would be great publicity for the young boys, the envy of all the teams I suspect.

One of our boys has been invited down to Murray Park for a few days and another is signing on with St Johnstone, so our hard work is paying dividends for the boys.

A good set of strips for the boys with the TA logo on would come in around the 350 - 400 mark.

Anyway, thanks for the chance to put our case forward and I'm whoever gets to wear the TA logo will wear it with pride in the same way we all do.

#5 Administrator

Administrator
  • Admin
  • 12,381 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 12:09 PM

Bid 4

I would like nominate Pitfour FC for a TA Youth Development Award.

Pitfour FC were established in the summer last year and successfully competed in the Dundee and District U11 league last season. Pitfour FC are based at St Madoes (off the A90 between Perth and Dundee). The kids come from St Madoes and surrounding area (including many from Perth). The club has close ties with the SYFA and are in the final stages of achieving their Club Quality Mark. More information about Pitfour FC can be viewed on their website at www.pitfourfc.co.uk

Pitfour FC currently have a pool of 17 players (all under 11). At this age they outgrow their teamwear with alarm frequency. The club is currently undertaking fund raising to buy strips/training tops. The cost of 20 tops - at 15.19 gives them a fund raising total required of 303.80. Any contribution the TAMB could provide towards that total would be much appreciated.

If you need more information about the club then Innes Ross (cc'd on this email) can provide this direct to yourselves. Innes can provide details of the club bank account should this nomination be successful.

#6 Administrator

Administrator
  • Admin
  • 12,381 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 12:09 PM

Bid 5

I run an U-11 football team, St. Johns Rovers, in the CENTRAL AND EAST FIFE SOCCER SEVENS ASSOCIATION.

We were formed in the summer of 2005 and details can be found on our website http://www.clubwebsi...tjohnsrovers96/.

The standard of football in the league is extremely high and the association is well run with a number of good initiatives to encourage 'ball to feet' football at an early age.

My proposed bid was for equipment including water bottles, training gear, balls etc, to the amount of ~150.