Photo

Player And Young Player Of The Year 2007

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
33 replies to this topic

Poll: Player and Young Player of the Year 2007 (237 member(s) have cast votes)

Which of the following players do you think deserves to be our PLAYER of the Year for 2007?

1. Scott Brown (14 votes [5.91%])

Percentage of vote: 5.91%

2. Barry Ferguson (21 votes [8.86%])

Percentage of vote: 8.86%

3. Craig Gordon (8 votes [3.38%])

Percentage of vote: 3.38%

4. Alan Hutton (40 votes [16.88%])

Percentage of vote: 16.88%

5. James McFadden (152 votes [64.14%])

Percentage of vote: 64.14%

6. Stephen McManus (2 votes [0.84%])

Percentage of vote: 0.84%

Which of the following players do you think deserves to be our YOUNG Player of the Year for 2007?

1. Steven Fletcher (84 votes [35.44%])

Percentage of vote: 35.44%

2. Ross McCormack (53 votes [22.36%])

Percentage of vote: 22.36%

3. Charlie Mulgrew (2 votes [0.84%])

Percentage of vote: 0.84%

4. Steven Naismith (98 votes [41.35%])

Percentage of vote: 41.35%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 Flat Earth

Flat Earth
  • 13,323 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 06:42 PM

He wiz the sodden Captain in the last half dozen games and scored twice :P

Sorry! :P
iAYE we can!

#17 SCB

SCB
  • 77 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 09:01 AM

Not much seperating the 2 Stevens!

#18 Perthshirebell

Perthshirebell
  • Banned
  • 128 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 10:50 AM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I'm not saying he should win by the way... just showing that he has actually played a good part with the U21 side this year as i reckon there's a few people who think he's been nowhere.

:P

sure but in the games i have seen he hasn't looked to impressive. Because he is captain doesnt mean he was the best player. I suspect the naismith voters have not been to many 21's games.
a man of very dubious moral fibre

#19 Flat Earth

Flat Earth
  • 13,323 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 11:30 AM

sure but in the games i have seen he hasn't looked to impressive. Because he is captain doesnt mean he was the best player. I suspect the naismith voters have not been to many 21's games.

To be fair I don't think many of us have seen a lot of the u21s.
iAYE we can!

#20 ReekySporran

ReekySporran
  • 16,901 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 11:49 AM

To be fair I don't think many of us have seen a lot of the u21s.

Unklike uber-fan Perthshirebell who never misses a game at any level.............
Tickets wanted: USA 98, Colombia 96, Malta 97, Denmark 96, Sweden 95, Greece 94, Estonia 93, Norway 92. http://www.scotlandprogrammes.co.uk

#21 Perthshirebell

Perthshirebell
  • Banned
  • 128 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 12:14 PM

Unklike uber-fan Perthshirebell who never misses a game at any level.............

boom boom. Never claimed to be an uber-fan. I havent been to an away full or under21's game in a couple of years. However this is a poll about who is the TA player of the year, and surely is based upon his performances for scotland? Barry Robson has always impressed me when plaing for dundee utd, and is scottish but i wouldnt expect him to be voted into the TA POTY. Why this escaped you is beyond me, its quite simple. If you have attended the away 21's games and wish to educate 'part time' fans like myself then tell of your findings which may influence voting. If not :P

#22 Sleepy Boy

Sleepy Boy
  • Banned
  • 109 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 03:19 PM

Got to be Captain Barry. Was going to vote Hutton, but he's only really been in the team for the second half of the year. Faddy wasn't even an automatic starter until Paris and even then that was only because Kenny Misser was suspended. Baz does a great job and is easily the most talented and professional player we have.

I voted Naismith in the YPOTY because he plays for Rangers.
God bless the Papac

#23 Perthshirebell

Perthshirebell
  • Banned
  • 128 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 03:54 PM

I voted Naismith in the YPOTY because he plays for Rangers.

exactly what is wrong with the poll

#24 Flat Earth

Flat Earth
  • 13,323 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 04:00 PM

exactly what is wrong with the poll

He's pulling your chain... :P

(Though its probably still true).
iAYE we can!

#25 Cumbie Neil

Cumbie Neil
  • 2,207 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 04:06 PM

boom boom. Never claimed to be an uber-fan. I havent been to an away full or under21's game in a couple of years. However this is a poll about who is the TA player of the year, and surely is based upon his performances for scotland? Barry Robson has always impressed me when plaing for dundee utd, and is scottish but i wouldnt expect him to be voted into the TA POTY. Why this escaped you is beyond me, its quite simple. If you have attended the away 21's games and wish to educate 'part time' fans like myself then tell of your findings which may influence voting. If not :P

So what have you based your appraisal of him on?

#26 Flat Earth

Flat Earth
  • 13,323 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 04:23 PM

He's a Rangers player... :P
iAYE we can!

#27 ReekySporran

ReekySporran
  • 16,901 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 06:09 PM

You were the one a few months ago slagging people for not going to U21, U19 or U17 games, so forgive me if I think you post shyte most of the time............ :P
Tickets wanted: USA 98, Colombia 96, Malta 97, Denmark 96, Sweden 95, Greece 94, Estonia 93, Norway 92. http://www.scotlandprogrammes.co.uk

#28 Perthshirebell

Perthshirebell
  • Banned
  • 128 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 10:39 PM

er the home under 21 games :P

#29 braveheart_lynch

braveheart_lynch
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 08:29 AM

Bump

Forgot about voting in this :P .
McFadden for me. Tough for YPOTY but went for Fletcher.

Any chance of getting this pinned on the first page?

GORDON STRACHAN'S TARTAN ARMY!

http://www.youtube.com/braveheartlynch

#30 bewlay

bewlay
  • Banned
  • 58 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 08:54 AM

cant see how mcfadden can top that poll ,he has hardly made an appearance for Everton