Photo

George Burley Poll

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
201 replies to this topic

Poll: George Burley Poll (622 member(s) have cast votes)

Should George Burely continue as manager?

1. Yes (320 votes [51.45%])

Percentage of vote: 51.45%

2. No (217 votes [34.89%])

Percentage of vote: 34.89%

3. Undecided (85 votes [13.67%])

Percentage of vote: 13.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Mod20

Mod20
  • Banned
  • 43 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 03:40 PM

Poll as requested by Kumnio.

Please remember to use the "Help fund the TAMB" link at the top of the page for online purchases to support your message board.

#2 Jamesie Cotter

Jamesie Cotter
  • 297 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 03:48 PM

He's lost the dressing room already judging by some of the body language on saturday, but we're stuck with him I'm afraid.

SFA can't afford to sack him, and who would replace him?

For him to walk before the end of his contract would require a monumental phuck up, which I hope can be avoided.

This campaign is not a write-off yet, but some of his decisions are frustrating, and 2 players have already jacked it in.

Not a good start.

#3 WeeBarrysGotAnMBE

WeeBarrysGotAnMBE
  • 1,387 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 03:52 PM

I think it would only be fair to let him see out the campaign unless it gets really disasterous.

#4 kumnio

kumnio
  • 15,087 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 03:54 PM

Thanks mod20 :rolleyes:

I dont think we can afford not to sack the clown.

Let 2014 be the start of a better Scotland.

#5 McDange

McDange
  • 239 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 03:57 PM

There must be a lot going on behind the scenes here but I am starting to have doubts about him. I think he got a lot wrong. The right hand side didn't click at all I felt and bringing on 2 rookies to spearhead the attack and by taking off one (if not THE) best players and someone who has 7 goals in 15 caps (not even full games.)

McCulloch and now Boyd quitting the team in recent times.

I think after the start of the campaign we'll need to get something in Holland and probably beat them at home. Will see what happens on Wednesday night though before we go into the break.

18/09/2014 - YES 

#6 ReekySporran

ReekySporran
  • 16,901 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 03:59 PM

Yes, he should continue for now, since when has drawing at home to Norway been a sackable offence?

As for having "lost the dressing room" there is absolutely no evidence of this apart from a couple of Rangers players acting like weans.
Tickets wanted: USA 98, Colombia 96, Malta 97, Denmark 96, Sweden 95, Greece 94, Estonia 93, Norway 92. http://www.scotlandprogrammes.co.uk

#7 kumnio

kumnio
  • 15,087 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 04:03 PM

No single game is ever a reason to sack someone, but a series of disasterous results, appaling decisions, bizarre subbies, awful tactics etc does.

#8 gonzoal

gonzoal
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 04:06 PM

Oh why are we feeding the media by actually putting this poll in place? Just because a member asks for something surely wiser heads should prevail? It will prove nothing as not all supporters are on this board and will only keep it going in the press. FFS I expected better of the mods on this one. It is not nearly time for US to be asking this question. Leave it to the stirrers in the media. Please close it immediately.

Edited by gonzoal, 12 October 2008 - 04:07 PM.

Treat life like a dog. If you can't eat it or hump it, pish on it and walk away.

#9 jumbocummings

jumbocummings
  • 272 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 04:09 PM

Oh why are we feeding the media by actually putting this poll in place? Just because a member asks for something surely wiser heads should prevail? It will prove nothing as not all supporters are on this board and will only keep it going in the press. FFS I expected better of the mods on this one. It is not nearly time for US to be asking this question. Leave it to the stirrers in the media. Please close it immediately.

I agree.

Think it's ridiculous that so many on here are calling for his head after one meaningful defeat.
FTPAFTQ

#10 Jamesie Cotter

Jamesie Cotter
  • 297 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 04:09 PM

Players deciding they don't want to play for a manager anymore seems to indicate there's something wrong.

Regardless of the club they play for, and whether you rate them or not, 2 players have opted out of an international team that we were told was just like a club in spirit.

Would McFadden have given Smith or McLeish verbals after being subbed?

It just has the look of Voghts about it.

He's going nowhere though, so I hope he turns it round.

#11 kumnio

kumnio
  • 15,087 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 04:10 PM

flip sake, thats pathetic.

Now is the time, if Berti was punted earlier we wouldnt have plummeted so far, I believe that Burley is doing the same, now is the time to question it.

Dont like it, dont read it. Im sick of being the happy loosers, sod it, we dont have to be apatheic all the time. Im not calling for him to be lynched, sacked will do just fine.

edit, response was to gonzoal, not above

Edited by kumnio, 12 October 2008 - 04:10 PM.

#12 ReekySporran

ReekySporran
  • 16,901 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 04:13 PM

No single game is ever a reason to sack someone, but a series of disasterous results, appaling decisions, bizarre subbies, awful tactics etc does.

Series of disasterous results? I've seen one bad result in his 6 games?

Series of appalling decisions? the one thing he got wrong was not brigning Boyd on, then again if Iwemulu had dne his job, this thread would not exist.

Serief of bizarre subbies? name them (apart from yesterday).

I'll give you the tactics bit, but them Smith and McLeish displayed some awful tactics.

Edited by ReekySporran, 12 October 2008 - 04:15 PM.

Tickets wanted: USA 98, Colombia 96, Malta 97, Denmark 96, Sweden 95, Greece 94, Estonia 93, Norway 92. http://www.scotlandprogrammes.co.uk

#13 kumnio

kumnio
  • 15,087 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 04:15 PM

One bad result, im not even going further than that, you think we have had one bad result :rolleyes:

I aso cant help but think you love because your a jambo, Neilsen, Pressley etc, any negative comments heres Reeky to defend them.

#14 WeeBarrysGotAnMBE

WeeBarrysGotAnMBE
  • 1,387 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 04:21 PM

I'll give you the tactics bit, but them Smith and McLeish displayed some awful tactics.

They also displayed some brilliant tactics.

#15 Rossy

Rossy
  • 12,491 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 04:21 PM

Fact is, both Smith and McLeish were perceived to be lucky managers. They are both to a great extent judged solely on their results against France....games that for the same money we could have got a tanning in.

There were a few crap games with poor tactics (Belarus, Georgia) in there as well.

Burley needs a bit of luck. As someone said, if Iwelumo had tapped in from a foot out we wouldn't be having a poll like this....what Burley should pray for is an amazingly flukey 1-0 in Amsterdam, then he'll have everybody on his side.

There's also no way he'll be sacked anyway. Burley is to Gordon Smith what Vogts was to David Taylor, and Smith knows that his reputation is on the line as well.

Edit to say that another difference is that Smith and McLeish (to a lesser extent) had the media on their side. Burley clearly doesn't.

Edited by Rossy, 12 October 2008 - 04:24 PM.

Please don't argue back about this as I am 100% correct.