Photo

Points For Those Drawn In The Ballot

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
60 replies to this topic

#1 Stapes

Stapes
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 08:53 PM

Ok, I'll give an example of what I'm getting at. Before that though I'll say that I think it's completely fair that those who've been to one of the previous ten away games should get tickets and, therefore, further points. They've spent money on the team and should reap the benefits of that support.

But, neither my friend or I had points so we both entered the ballot for tickets - his name was drawn out and mine wasn't. Is it fair that he now has a point and I don't, given that he has not followed Scotland any further than me, has not shouted any louder, has not spent any more, but had a sliver of luck that I didn't? His point is based on the fact that a computer picked out his name.

Now I'm not for a second suggesting that he should lose his points. What I think might be worthwhile the SFA considering is giving points to all those who applied to the ballot and can prove they travelled to Holland.

Thoughts?
Movements of the spirit, springing from the most deeply rooted sentiments of the people, can never be denied their goal.

John MacCormick, 1954

#2 Paddy Capri

Paddy Capri
  • 2,257 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 09:00 PM

Yes it's fair.

You would want a point if you got one in the ballot. Pretty simple. Just luck of the draw.
19/05/12

#3 Stapes

Stapes
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 09:05 PM

Yes it's fair.

You would want a point if you got one in the ballot. Pretty simple. Just luck of the draw.

That's my point though. In the past it's always been based on supporting the team you follow the team you get a point. Now there has been a shift that sees it based on luck. Can't see the fairness there.
Movements of the spirit, springing from the most deeply rooted sentiments of the people, can never be denied their goal.

John MacCormick, 1954

#4 Fanjita

Fanjita
  • 215 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 09:29 PM

That's my point though.

It's not your point. You're no gettin wan!

#5 Stapes

Stapes
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 09:33 PM

:blink:

John MacCormick, 1954

#6 marty67

marty67
  • 120 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 09:35 PM

I got a ticket in the ballot, my wife didn't. I managed to track down and buy (for over the odds) a ticket for the same section that I was in.

Both SSC members, Both at the game, Both in the Scotland section, Both paid (as did everyone) a lot of money to support our team,

I get a computer generated point but my wife doen't.

Fair....I DON'T think so.
what will we do after we've came down the road?

#7 wubbs

wubbs
  • 625 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 09:44 PM

This debate always comes up.

If a point were to be given for applying for the ballot and being unsuccessful then it would be unfair. Why? Because if there is a ballot for Norway, and someone who had a point for the Holland (but didn't get a ticket), could get a ticket over someone who didn't travel to holland, but officially get a ticket for one of the other 9 away games.

#8 McScotland

McScotland
  • 157 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 10:10 PM

To be honest I think it is fair if they can prove they were there.

I missed out on the ballot but bought a scotland ticket out there well over the odds. It annoys me that the guy who sold me his ticket for 100 euros will get a point. I have still not decided if i should fire an email off to the ssc with the ticket number yet.
Surely not again......

#9 Ilovefitba

Ilovefitba
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 10:37 PM

Agree with the original poster that this is totally unfair.

I have lost out on a ballot twice, most recently at macedonia when there was a ballot for all of us on 4 points (think it was 4)

550 odd punters got lucky in the macedonia ballot and 330 odds didn't. Now when it comes to Norway tickets those 550 are above the rest of us 330 in the queue for tickets. Why? because they got lucky in a ballot. So they get lucky twice. Simply not fair.

I have complained about this to the SFA to no avail. They just don't seem to recognise it as a problem.
Don't sweat the small stuff. It's all small stuff.

#10 Ilovefitba

Ilovefitba
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 10:39 PM

I missed out on the ballot but bought a scotland ticket out there well over the odds. It annoys me that the guy who sold me his ticket for 100 euros will get a point. I have still not decided if i should fire an email off to the ssc with the ticket number yet.

if it was for the scotland end and he touted his ticket then you have to report them. They deserved to be booted out the SSC and it's the only thing that will stop it happening in the future
Don't sweat the small stuff. It's all small stuff.

#11 Zicoladud

Zicoladud
  • 1,278 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 11:22 PM

i dont care i have more points than a cow can toley :spin: :lol:
ghostly workers sleep below,they hear no rain or heel or toe.think of them when the forges glow,in the glasgow of long ago

#12 GraemeR

GraemeR
  • 229 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 08:38 AM

There should be something done for people who lose out in a ballot. Maybe if you lose in a ballot you should be in front of those who won in the ballot for the next game. Not sure how feasible this would be to organise but it's certainly a bit unfair.

#13 colonelcrow

colonelcrow
  • 42 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 08:59 AM

It's a good way for him to get on the points ladder...luck of the draw in this case.

I can't imagine many people will want to go to Norway now (if we get a big allocation) on a week night, plus we'll be playing friendlies, etc, so there will be plenty of chances for you to pick up a point.

Dissapointed you don't have more points? Why weren't you following Scotland before we won in Paris then?
See you? See me? See it forever!

#14 Stapes

Stapes
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 09:12 AM

Dissapointed you don't have more points? Why weren't you following Scotland before we won in Paris then?

I'm not disappointed that I don't have more points. I'm disappointed that gaining points comes down (to some extent) to luck. And I was following Scotland before Paris but like many others (due to wife and kids) I tend to only get to one away game per campaign and, perhaps as you would expect, I try to make it against one of the bigger teams in an easily reachable part of Europe.

John MacCormick, 1954

#15 scotsguy40

scotsguy40
  • 119 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 10:14 AM

To be honest I think it is fair if they can prove they were there.

Your no any better than the guy that sold you the ticket! You were quite happy to buy the ticket at over the odd's but now you want to shop him??
What's that all about? :wave: